HUGE Data Loss Problem

RiZZo0

Gawd
Hey guys well i was reinstalling windows again and I was trying to get my raid back up in order. Unfortunately about 5min ago when i decided to use the raid utility on my Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe to create the raid array, I didnt realize that it was picking up my 3rd Hard Drive which has all of data on it. Well i hit clear disks by accident and it completly cleared my 250 GB sata drive. After i rebooted and saw that the drive was clear, I immediately disconnected the data and power cables because im afraid if i leave them on they will continue to overwrite the disk and i will REALLY be screwed.

Im REALLLY hopeing someone can help me out and let me know how to hopefully get my data back because it just happened and i havent run anything at all with that hard drive. If anyone has ideas im open to anything right about now!! Thank you guys.

Another user realizing no benefits from RAID that gets burned by RAID's pitfalls :(

Start looking at data recovery utilities that bypass file systems/partition tables. SpinRite and GetDataBack are some of the bigger names in the business.

Well i was able to get my hands on a copy of GetdataBack for NTFS and I got about 50GB from my 80 GB partition back. Well i guess its better than nothin. I really recommend this software to anyone.

Back