Huge clearence on Playstation and xbox games at Circuit city: $4.99 each

Did anyone in the DFW area get in on this deal? Im gonna try this morning, I think Im late but it doesnt hurt to try.

Jnk said:
Did anyone in the DFW area get in on this deal? Im gonna try this morning, I think Im late but it doesnt hurt to try.

please post back and let us know if you did or did not get in on this. i am going this afternoon. :eek:

i've got some good news!! for me anyway. I just went there today (7/05/04) and found that the sell was still on where i was. the employee's even knew about it. I brought the list with me and they didn't even have one yet so i gave them mine after i was done lol. anyways looks like not to many people know about it yet because they still had plenty of games to choose from. i hope it still works out for everyone else and thanks alot for info!

Just came back from circuit city, the deal is still on. According to the manager it started on friday :eek: . Officially it starts tomorrow thats when they will mark down the corresponding games to 4.99. Good luck guys, the games are hard to find, btw I picked up 3 GC games.

Medal of Honor: Frontline
Splinter Cell
2002 Fifa World Cup.....all for gamecube

Arlington store I-20 & Cooper

funeral said:
We went to the counter about 11:50A CST with 35 games and were told the price mistake had been fixed and the games would ring up at normal cost :(
Yeh it sounds like the higher ups tried to stop the "sale" but then changed their minds a while later.

neisius said:
Yeh it sounds like the higher ups tried to stop the "sale" but then changed their minds a while later.

Heh, a few higher ups didn't know it was a legit sale (how it got into the system... they must not have known :rolleyes: ). But they figured it out and I think this might run till the games are all out of stock. It seems we are getting rid of a bunch of old stuff, for example every single film camera went on sale this week and most are .96 cents which means we won't be getting any more in.

I went to CC to get Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, but they had none. I wish I worked at a CC (or a Best Buy) and picked this up. If anyone is lucky enough to find Disgaea, buy it. It is the best strategy rpg ever. No lie. Search for 'best strategy rpg ever' (no quotes) on google if you don't believe me.

i'll see if my cc has any left, i'll offer the game + tax + shipping to you if there are any left.

Also, seems like bestbuy is price matching 1 game per customer, best chances are with a reciept. Thank ya.

If you really don't want the games most of them trade-in at Gamestop for $5-7 PLUS there's a flier/coupon you should be able to find in store that gives you an extra $3 in Gamestop money for each PS2/XBOX/GC trade in you do. So you end up getting $8-10 each. If you got enough games you might be able to finance a free, new game for yourself.

Anyone in houston pick up Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for Xbox. That is all i really wanted. I picked others up but i saw a kid crying for game or his birthday, so i gave the parents the games i had choosen and told them they were 5 bucks each. Oh well thats a future gamer.

I went to my Orlando CC (near Altamonte) and three different ladies saw me walking around with my list and told me the deal wasn't supposed to be live yet, SOO they pulled all the sale games off the shelves until Sunday the 11th when the deal IS supposed to be live. I plan to show up at 11am when they open and get what I want. One of them also said that about 8 different people came and cleaned out the store before they realized the sale wasn't supposed to be live yet.
I do not understand how they could just pull the games off the shelves instead of fixing the prices in the computer. What if someone doesn't know about the sale, wants one of the games thats pulled and can't get it? I guess they'll be purchasing else where. Although the point of this sale is probably that the games didn't sell in the first place :p
Oh well I hope I can at least get 2-3 games. I want the Marvel vs capcom, ESPN NHL 2004, and one or two others. I hope to strenghten my GC and Xbox game collections.

HitmanZ said:
i'll see if my cc has any left, i'll offer the game + tax + shipping to you if there are any left.

If that is to me, you don't have to. I already have the game, I was trying to get it because it has a high trade-in value at GameStop (around $15). I was going to try to get alot and trade them in for a $10 profit to buy Tales of Symphonia when it is released. Thanks anyway. I hope you didn't already buy it...

SeeDLeone said:
If that is to me, you don't have to. I already have the game, I was trying to get it because it has a high trade-in value at GameStop (around $15). I was going to try to get alot and trade them in for a $10 profit to buy Tales of Symphonia when it is released. Thanks anyway. I hope you didn't already buy it...

cool, i went today but didn't see the game you were after (or already bought) so...yeah...

Just returned from my CC (8pm here) and here is my PS2 haul and the sticker price.

Kinetica $23.99
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX2 $29.99
ESPN X Games Skateboarding $19.96
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven $39.99
Indiana Jones & Emp. Tomb $29.99
Chaos Legion $29.99
Dark Cloud $19.99
Timesplitters $19.99
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Dest. $19.99
Megaman X7 $29.99

Value $263.87
Spent $53.40

Dan UCF, that really sucks for you man. Try a different store. A few of mine weren't on the list on the first page IIRC. I went through the racks with one of the clerks (he was actaully very nice and helpful; he was holding on to a few for himself too) and used his computer to scroll through the list to see which ones were $4.99 and how many they had in inventory. He went through and started to put all the $4.99 games from all the consoles into a bin so that people would stop asking for them to scan. The computer showed Starwars Starfighter as being $4.99 but it rang up $19.99 at the register and then we couldn't get it to come back up as $4.99 in the computer again. Oh well, I picked up Kinetica in its place since I remembered the ads for it from long ago and it had a decent sticker price. I will probably open and play all of these to at least try them and then sell the ones I don't like. Ebay is probably flooded with people off-loading games from the list at the moment though. Oni was another title but I bought it long ago for PC for $2 at EB and have yet to play it.

Two other people were in there who saw the deal on Fatwallet but I got there 30min before them and got the better titles from what was left.

I really wanted to try and find these and may be willing to trade for them:
Futurama
Dynasty Warriors 4
Capcom vs SNK 2
Wipeout Fusion
Britney's Dance Beat (j/k...lol at shitty Britney Spears game!)

I went today and all I could find was 2 lol. People really cleared them out :( When I was there 4 other guys walked in with the same list lol.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting another one and maybe I'll have more luck.

I got in on this awesome deal. Thanks [H]forums for this. :D I got 12 games. :D :D

Went to 2 Circuit City's (Riverside and Moreno Valley) only got 2 games.

Megaman Zero - GBA
PN03 - GC

Wish they had:
BloodRayne (Any Console)
Megaman Zero 2 (GBA)
Megaman & Bass (GBA)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Any Console)
Dynasty Warriors (PS2)
Dino Crisis 3 (XBox)
Megaman X7 (PS2)
- If anyone has these, and wants to sell me a copy, that'd be awesome! :D

BTW, one of the employee's at CircuitCity said I could goto BestBuy and games they dont have pricematched. But BestBuy didn't have any of the $5 games I was looking for.

Dang what a hot deal and my Circuit City (Monterey Park) just acted very confused when I asked how much some of their games costed but I knew they knew that I knew the games were only 5 bucks a pop!

Thanks for sharing!! Hopefully I'll go back on the 11th when the sale officially hits. :p :p

i went to the okc cc today and had a look around(before i saw the big list). they clerk said that they had pulled them all off earlier that day but they were gonna put them out in about 30 minutes.

so i look around, set off the alarm looking at the pda's and go back to the games. i dig through some of the carts they have, but didnt see much for xbox, gamecube, or gba. ps2 had a lot of games, but i dont own one. here is the important part:

IMPORTATNT PART!!:

the clerk also told me that this would be going on about 3 more weeks and they would continue adding new games to the list as time goes on! i'm gonna go back on saturday and check out what they have in stock before they put the ad out on sunday

To Vagrant Zero's signature:

Woot, I have been quoted :D

Anyway, I checked out the CC here in Tucson at Broadway/Craycroft and they only had shitty games :( WTB ZoE: 2nd Runner..

haha, I went this morning and picked up about 30+ titles. I lucked out too, I threw in a copy of ff crystal chronicals and soul caliber 2 and since I had so many others the checker just counted the number of games and rang it as $4.99 x 32 not bothering to check if any of the titles weren't $4.99. Best of luck to anyone still trying.

Is this deal still alive? I got in it a lil late.. Well if theHeat has been to the tucson location then it's probabally all cleared out :D Actually only game im willing to buy is Phantasy Star online episode 1&2 for Gamecube.. But damn these would of made GR8 presents for family in Yemen-Egypt :)

I'll be going back later this week in a day or two, so i can see if I they put out anymore games.

can someone check soul calibur 2 for me today? gamecube, thanks! just to see if its 4.99$

Drove by there just now, in Glen Burnie, MD. Not a single game on that list was on the shelves. So, just to get this right:
There's a sale on next Sunday, the 11th? And all these games are marked to go on sale then? But, they were already entered into the computers with the new price and ring up for the sale price a week early, correct?

I'm assuming the local one had an influx of shoppers earlier. There were new signs over the video games saying limit 3 games per customer.

Circuit City is supposedly getting in more shipments of the $5 games.

And it's a race for me to get them before other Tucson [H]ers do. :cool:

Only the Universal Studios game was there when I went today. I wish I had seen this sooner, I just bought my Gamecube and would kill for Viewtiful Joe, Timesplitters or Mario Party under $10.

I was trying to find someone to ask about it, but none of the workers were willing to make eye contact, any one I could flag down claimed to work in the DVD section. Bummer.

so this deal is still going on, because i'm about to head out there tomorrow morning!

i went back today and they had even less games then yesterday. i did pick up earthworm jim for gba and a 100pk cdr's for 10 bucks :)

i thinik i'm gonna try back everyday this week and see whats going on :)

I went back today and it was virtually cleared out. I think they will be putting the games they pulled Sunday morning back next Sunday.

i got for xbox

robotech (cool game, too)
NBA 2k4

Now, NBA 2k4 must've been somebody messing up 'cause it rang up at $40 but was in the $5.00 bin and had a $5.00 price tag. So the guy dutifully goes, gets the manager, and gets the price set to $5.00. w00t! I have never been to this CC before, but w/ that attitude it looks PRIMED for all [H]ot deals w/ pricematchs etc. . .

I'll head back next sunday 'cause i REALLY wanted bloodrayne and morrowind GOTY

Can anyone confirm that they will be a sale again this Sunday?
Also, can anyone confirm they will be getting more shippments of games in?
Please tell us your source when you post. I would like to get in on the next round of games. ;) I was a day or two late the first time, lol. :p

JediK said:
Can anyone confirm that they will be a sale again this Sunday?
Also, can anyone confirm they will be getting more shippments of games in?
Please tell us your source when you post. I would like to get in on the next round of games. ;) I was a day or two late the first time, lol. :p
1. It's been confirmed by several employees at CC that the $4.99 console games clearance is in the 7/11 ad.
2. No one can confirm CC will be getting more shipments in. Afterall the games are sold out online and it is a clearance. One employee at FW said CC gets weekly shipments in on Wed and Sat. If any more games are coming in, they would be in on those days according to him.

Don't count on there being a big selection on Sunday since people have been massively cleaning out the stores and some stores already have $4.99 bins. If you happen to live in an area where the games were pulled (and not purchased by employees), you'll probably have a shot at the deal. I'm not holding my breath, but I already bought 26 games (no duplicates) on Saturday night and Sunday morning. :p

Unit-0 said:
Circuit City is supposedly getting in more shipments of the $5 games.

And it's a race for me to get them before other Tucson [H]ers do. :cool:
Good luck beating me to 'em :D

How did I miss this deal... I plan on heading there tomorrow and getting a few games.

Back