HTPC with SPDIF

m1abram

2[H]4U
Does anyone know of any capture card that will take an SPDIF input? I know I may be able to do this with a seperate audio card, but if I want to build a system with more than one video source it would not be practical to have a seperate audio card for each video source.

No they don't make capture cards with SPDIF in, thats what a sound card is for. ;)

Yes I did hence the
You wanted an answer so you got one, most capture cards don't have audio inputs because sound cards have them. Why do you want to many SDPIF ins anyways?

CrimandEvil said:
Yes I did hence the

You wanted an answer so you got one, most capture cards don't have audio inputs because sound cards have them. Why do you want to many SDPIF ins anyways?

So that I can capture DD feed from my sat box. Many PPV movies and shows on HBO and such are broadcast with DD which I currenty can capture and playback on my DirectTivo, was wondering if it would be possible to do the same via a HTPC. However I do see their are many limits to HTPC as it currently stands. DirectTivo does not have all the abilities that can be had in a HTPC, but for the sole purpose of PVR a DirectTivo I guess is still the better solution.

ncantador said:
M1,

What is the second source?

Not sure I understand you question.

However I was referring to have more than on capture card in a single machine so that you can record two shows at once. Sure you could have one dedicated to just handle shows with DD and the other do just stereo, but that is far from ideal. Also can software like MythTV that handle multiple recordings give priotity? Even if it could that would require to much thought process for the operator, not everyone in my household cares how it works (i am excluded) but just want it to work.

Back