Htpc video recording formats and compatibility with ps3 streaming.

Silversierra

Limp Gawd
I wasn't exactly sure if this is the right subforum, if not please move it for me, thanks.

I've recorded some tv shows with my htpc into mpeg2 format using the avermedia center software, and would like to stream this to my ps3 to watch on the tv, but it will not work. The ps3 sees it, and says the title and length(it luckily doesn't say unsupported data), but when I try to play it, it will not play(hangs at either black screen or first frame). The strange thing is if I fast forward at 10x or greater, i will get a fast forward view of the movie on the ps3, but it will not play normally and there is no audio in ff mode. The ps3 works with mpeg2 though, so I don't see why this is happening. I converted a video that was recorded as a dvr-ms in media center to mpeg2 (dvd) ntsc and it plays perfectly on the ps3 over the network. Is the avermedia software making a "wrong type" of mpeg2 for the ps3, or do I have another problem? I appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

Also, if it is a problem with the the type of mpeg2 the avermedia program makes, is there another alternative (like sage maybe)?

Back