Basic specs:
--ASUS M3N78-VM motherboard
--Athlon II X2 210e (2.6 GHz)
--2 Gb DDR2-800 (2 x 1Gb)
--HIS HD5670 Ice-Q 512Mb
--Coolmax AP-600X
--LG GGC-H20L (BR,HD,DVD)
--Windows 7 w SP1
--TMT3 (v 3.0.1.160)
--MyMovies Collection Management (v.4)
--Samsung 50" 720p plasma via HDMI
When I first built the HTPC, I was using the integrated nVidia 8200 graphics via onboard HDMI and an Athlon BE-2400, but had issues with DVD playback. Poor video quality, grainy and fuzzy, and the playback would speed up and slow down, like it lags and then tries to catch up. Upgraded to current Athlon CPU, no change. Tried "hybrid SLI"... yeah that was a joke! Upgraded the video to the HD5670, enabled hardware acceleration, and then everything seemed MOSTLY ok. Some DVD's seemed grainy, but I accounted that to the large screen and high compression for DVD rips. BR and HD-DVD seemed to play fine.
Well recently the playback issue has returned. I have had several updates to CCC, but do not update TMT3 as my Onkyo receiver suffers horribly from the "silent stream" issue and I NEED to use the Realtek driver.
DVD playback is grainy and fuzzy. BR, HD, and DVD all speed up and slow down again. It is very annoying. It's like watching a really bad CGI job, lol. This happens with movies on HDD or straight from the disc. This happens in Media Center or in TMT3. Tried the Shark codecs, that didnt seem to help, but I will admit I felt like an illiterate trying to figure out the proper settings :-p.
I took this issue as an excuse to do a system rebuild. Bought a Crucial SSD (64Gb) and installed Win7 fresh, and use the original HDD (WD green 2Tb) just to store the movie files. Fresh install is just as bad. So, now I'm stumped. I could really use some suggestions here.
--ASUS M3N78-VM motherboard
--Athlon II X2 210e (2.6 GHz)
--2 Gb DDR2-800 (2 x 1Gb)
--HIS HD5670 Ice-Q 512Mb
--Coolmax AP-600X
--LG GGC-H20L (BR,HD,DVD)
--Windows 7 w SP1
--TMT3 (v 3.0.1.160)
--MyMovies Collection Management (v.4)
--Samsung 50" 720p plasma via HDMI
When I first built the HTPC, I was using the integrated nVidia 8200 graphics via onboard HDMI and an Athlon BE-2400, but had issues with DVD playback. Poor video quality, grainy and fuzzy, and the playback would speed up and slow down, like it lags and then tries to catch up. Upgraded to current Athlon CPU, no change. Tried "hybrid SLI"... yeah that was a joke! Upgraded the video to the HD5670, enabled hardware acceleration, and then everything seemed MOSTLY ok. Some DVD's seemed grainy, but I accounted that to the large screen and high compression for DVD rips. BR and HD-DVD seemed to play fine.
Well recently the playback issue has returned. I have had several updates to CCC, but do not update TMT3 as my Onkyo receiver suffers horribly from the "silent stream" issue and I NEED to use the Realtek driver.
DVD playback is grainy and fuzzy. BR, HD, and DVD all speed up and slow down again. It is very annoying. It's like watching a really bad CGI job, lol. This happens with movies on HDD or straight from the disc. This happens in Media Center or in TMT3. Tried the Shark codecs, that didnt seem to help, but I will admit I felt like an illiterate trying to figure out the proper settings :-p.
I took this issue as an excuse to do a system rebuild. Bought a Crucial SSD (64Gb) and installed Win7 fresh, and use the original HDD (WD green 2Tb) just to store the movie files. Fresh install is just as bad. So, now I'm stumped. I could really use some suggestions here.