HTPC video card with HDCP and HDMI suggestions required fast

ecktt

Limp Gawd
as the title say.

I keep reading that ATi cards are the better option but a quick scan of Newegg reviews shows a bazillion horror stories about audio over HDMI not working with driver version over Cat 8.2 and that the 8.2 video play back is choppy at best.

I'm no expert here so if anyone can suggest a video card that I can hook up to a Sony receiver and then hit a 42" Samsung LCD at 1080p with 5.1 sound, HDCP and full Blue ray acceleration for under 80 usd post a link.

I'd Like to order as soon as possible.

well i know the 9600gt is a good HTPC card that you can find for sub $100, some have HDMI others just have DVI, but a simple adpater cable can fix that for you. i have 2 96000gt cards in both my HTPCs and they work great with DVI-HDMI cables.

Don't read Newegg reviews; I've seen a shit ton of retarded "reviews" on there trashing a product when it's completely user error. Audio over HDMI is mostly a gimmick until they finally get TrueHD and DTS-HD working properly (only LCPM 7.1 audio works).

Anyways, go with a 4670.

The ATI cards are the best choice in most cases, however they do have issues with some receivers. I'm not aware of sony being one of those receivers so you should be fine.

Back