HTPC Specs

danobot

n00b
I am going to want to use the HTPC with both a HD projector and a SD TV. I want to use it as a HD/SD digital TV tuner/PVR as well as a media server.
Can you tell me if this system would be ok for what I want to do? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

Antec Overture II Desktop ATX Case
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939 - 64Bit CPU
Asus A8N-VM-CSM GF6150+nF430, VGA, mATX M/B
1GB (2x 512MB) (400MHz) PC3200 DDR-RAM
WD 320GB SATAII 8MB Cache 7200rpm HDD,
Pioneer 16x Dual Layer DVD±R, DVD±RW Writer
Leadtek DTV1000T - HDTV TUNER Card
MS Windows XP MCE

would either of these tuners be a better option?
- Leadtek DTV2000H Digital TV Tuner/Capture
- Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus Digital TV Tuner

danobot said:
- Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus Digital TV Tuner

I don't know if you ever plan on leaving the fold, but if you do, the dvico fusion will suit your purposes pretty well. I don't know about support for the leadtek cards, though.

Good Luck
-q

danobot said:
Antec Overture II Desktop ATX Case
Worst HTPC case ever. You have no excuse not getting an NSK2400.
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939 - 64Bit CPU
Asus A8N-VM-CSM GF6150+nF430, VGA, mATX M/B
1GB (2x 512MB) (400MHz) PC3200 DDR-RAM
Unless you have the memory laying around it makes no sense not to go AM2.

I would consider the MSI Geforce 6150 based motherboard over the asus. I had the asus and had a few problems with it, specifically the usb ports. I just bought the MSI and installed it, but its too new to comment on. It doesn have component breakout which is nice, as well as a breakout for the rear speakers. Might want to search around the forums. The FID model is the one that has firewire and I think a few extras, the other versions of the motherboard such as the business platform one dont have. I've noticed a few threads where the msi has been recommended over the asus.

RobDMB said:
I've noticed a few threads where the msi has been recommended over the asus.
Thats all because the MSI comes with the most TV connection options. The Asus board is solid (I know, I have one) and other then the stupid decision to leave out the TV out module (which the AM2 version has) it would have made for a nice HTPC board.

Back