HTPC Spc and Recommendation

WasntMe

[H]ard|Gawd
I tried my gaming PC on my TV with Media Browser and the wife loved it. Great quality.

So I think I am building an HTPC for the living room. I mocked up the PC below. Anyone with experience with HTPCs have any comments? Questions?

Think I will have any issues with VOB streaming and or blu-ray movies?

Anything else I'm not thinking about? Any better suggestions? Trying to keep it cheap yet functional. I have Windows 7 x64 laying at the house already.

HTPC Parts:
Athlon II X2 245
Biostar A880g+
Samsung EcoGreen
Kingston 2GB
Lite-On BluRay
Apex DM-387 Case

Any comments? Want to make sure this is something that will be good for an HTPC (the specs that is).

You'll need software to play bluray disks, unless you're planning to rip them first. Also, do you need a remote of some type. Otherwise, I think it should work fine.

Looks good, but you will not get HD sound from Blu-Ray movies if that matters to you. If you get a nice receiver in the future, you could always add a vid card to get HD sound.

very similar to my hptc system. i would just make sure your psu is quite, because there is nothing worse then hearing a psu buzz.

I currently have a lot of hard drive noise in my cheap Apex mini-itx case. It's really annoying. I've tried other hard drives, same deal. I'm planning on putting rubber washers on the screws for the hard drive in attempt to quiet it down. So just a heads up as it is quite a nuisance. Might I add XBMC kicks arse

I currently have a lot of hard drive noise in my cheap Apex mini-itx case. It's really annoying. I've tried other hard drives, same deal. I'm planning on putting rubber washers on the screws for the hard drive in attempt to quiet it down. So just a heads up as it is quite a nuisance. Might I add XBMC kicks arse

Have both cases and no issue with hard drive noise but I was using a laptop drive in the mITX case though.

Back