HTPC Shutdown

bigwooly

Limp Gawd
There may be an answer to this already here. If so forgive my lack of search skills to be able to find it.

Can you set your HTPC to automatically shutdown once the recording of content has completed?

To make it even more complex is there any kind of software out there that would put the PC to sleep and then wake it back up at a scheduled recording time?

thanks in advance for your help.

this seems like it's just like a sleep timer on a tv doesn't seem like it's intuitive enough to shutdown once a recording has completed.

Thanks for the response. Keep any other suggestions coming.

You can set the amount of time before it shuts down or goes to sleep. You can also adjust the time you give the computer to close running programs before it shuts down.

I set my computer (Win7) to sleep 15 minutes after inactivity. It works great and no need for extra software. PC wakes up to record a show and then 15 minutes later it goes back to sleep.

Just the windows power options.

Getting the PC to sleep directly after a recording seems like it would take a lot more effort to make happen. I like to keep it simple.

+1 for Windows power management. I put mine to sleep almost every night. It wakes up, records the programs I told it to, then goes back to sleep. During the day it is always in sleep mode, until it wakes up for its Rachael Ray fix, then it's off until the wife comes home and flips on RR.

+1 for Windows power management. I put mine to sleep almost every night. It wakes up, records the programs I told it to, then goes back to sleep. During the day it is always in sleep mode, until it wakes up for its Rachael Ray fix, then it's off until the wife comes home and flips on RR.

Rachel Ray is hot, are you sure its just for the wife? My lady is a Chef amongst other things and I don't mind watching food network every now and then....... I can honestly appreciate Rachel's a$$ets ;)

Back