HTPC Remote turning on Xbox =/

dont put the HTPC in sleep, keep 360 unplugged, separate the two devices so you have you point the remote in different locations to use the remote.
 
There is a setting on the Xbox360 to prevent this. I forget where it is, I had the same problem for awhile. Use google.
 
J-Will - None of those are realistic solutions but thanks.

devman - I'll fish around in the 360 menu when I get home. There's not too many options in there so I should be able to find it. Thanks!
 
yeah, there is a remote setting that will fix it. Can't remember where either.
 
For anybody who searches for this in the future-

There's an option in the 360 menus configuration menu (system -> remote) and you can choose to only operate with Xbox MCE remote (as opposed to a windows MCE remote)

Thanks everyone!
 
Back
Top