HTPC in my truck! (Pics Inside)

Sexual Chocolate

Limp Gawd
My home HTPC has been running smoothly for over a year now, so rather than monkey with it, I put a system in my truck..

We removed the stock radio and fiberglassed in a 7" Touchscreen VGA LCD

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

dash4.jpg

The PC is located in the armrest between the seats. Mini ITX Case with intergrated sound/video.

carpc2.jpg

carpc1.jpg

Custom fiberglass console was created for the radio since I didnt want to give up my new Alpine HU.

radio2.jpg

dark1.jpg

IR sensor was mounted above the rear view mirror.

ir1.jpg

Damn... that is quality work you are doing there. I like how you fiber'd in everything, but what if the touchscreen goes out? :D

Honestly, I always use the remote and RARELY the touchscreen.. granted the CD pics are big, when youre driving down the road its easier to use the remote than touch the screen.

nice work.

I wanted to do something like that for a while, but it is more $$ than I can manage to get from the wife at one time.

How do you go about making those custom moldings? What exactly is this amazing fiberglassing?

Via Epia M10000 (1ghz) , 1gb ram, 60gb 5400 laptop HD, slim DVD+RW. I use the onboard video and sound. I have a USB hub in the glovebox that has a USB wireless g network adapter, and a USB GPS adapter.

DC-DC power supply

http://www.opussolutions.com/

The beauty of these power supplies is that the can detect when the truck is being cranked and regulate the power so that the PC doesnt turn off. Also when you turn the truck off it starts pulling power directly from the battery in order to do a safe shut down.

The power supplies are configurable.. the way mine is set is to wait 15 seconds for the car to be cranked back up, if it isnt, then it proceeds to do a safe shut down. If the PC isnt shutdown within 45 seconds it will turn off all power.

You can even configure them to run your PC from battery power until the voltage of the battery drops to a certain level.

wow, that is awesome work, i like how you actully put the time into making it look nice insted of ghetto modding it together. very nice work on that system!

A+ for a job well done!

Back