HTPC crashing waking from sleep.

qbanb8582

2[H]4U
My HTPC was originally a 2500k on a P67 motherboard. It has 4 sticks of 2GB of DDR3 from G. Skill. Whenever its put into sleep it crashes. It will wake, but it boots from scratch everytime. I have another another Z77 motherboard that I moved all the components, thinking maybe the motherboard is faulty. The Z77 motherboard is in my file server and it hasn't had any issues waking from sleep. When I move the HTPC components to the Z77 motherboard the problem continued. So long story short I eventually narrowed it down to the memory. Once I put in the memory that was in my file server into my HTPC there hasn't been any issues.

So far I've been running memtest and it hasn't found any errors on the memory. My question is anyone had any issues like this know if there could be a BIOS setting or something that could cause this. In the past when I've issues with memory there is usually other issues that are present as well.

I don't have any great ideas, but you can try bumping the VRAM voltage on the HTPC by .05

Back