HTPC/Coffee Table Gaming Keyboard/Mouse

anonuser

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently moved into an apartment and decided to forgo the conventional LCD/Plasma for a under coffee table mounted short throw projector (BenQ w1080st). It's absolutely amazing for movies, which is the majority of my non-PC screen time.

The only game I'm really playing at the moment is League of Legends, but my PC is in the corner of the room. I'd like to use a wireless mouse/keyboard on the coffee table so that I can play on my 140" screen.

Can anyone recommend a fairly affordable keyboard/mouse combo that would work well for this purpose? The PC tower is about 12ft away from the coffee table tucked into a corner desk nook.

I regularly use a filco wired mechanical, but the only good wireless mechanical options are far too expensive. As long as it isn't mushy I'll be happy.

Thanks!

Are you talking about something like a keyboard with a track pad/ball built in, or a separate keyboard and mouse combo?

Are you talking about something like a keyboard with a track pad/ball built in, or a separate keyboard and mouse combo?

No, as this will be for LoL gaming also, I'll need a good mouse.

How about something like this? http://www.ergogeek.com/xarmor-u9w-2.4-ghz-rf-wireless-mechanical-keyboard.html

It's a MX Brown based wireless keyboard, looks good to me! At $89 it doesn't look too shabby.

As for your mouse options, why not just consider a standard wireless gaming mouse like the Logitech G602?

Hmm that keyboard looks OK, I'll have to look for reviews. I'm OK with forgoing mechanical if its still a decent feedback on it as I won't be using it all the time.

I bought that mouse when it was first released and really missed the scroll wheel left and right clicks that they removed. Also, the shape was just a little big for me. I use a corded Logitech G9 now. I am definitely considering a gaming mouse though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back