HTPC Case (Athenatech A100)

wev162

n00b
Does anyone have any experience with the Athenatech A100 mATX case? Newegg's price is pretty good for a HTPC'ish case and the reviews I found online seemed fairly positive. At the moment I'm running a Socket 370 Celeron 1.4 so heat isn't much of an issue. I'm interested in anyone's experiences with this case, Thanks!

I owned one of these, rather cheap build quality. All in all i'd say pass it up and get something nice for a few bucks more.

not good, not bad. As long as you are just going to build it and forget it, it's OK. power supply is a bit noisy. basically, you get what you pay for.

Yea, I basically want something I can throw into the stereo rack that won't look as stupid as the Compaq minitower on its side I have in their now. How loud is the stock setup for this case? My current system is fairly loud with a generic 60mm fan on the heatsink but I ordered a SilenX 60mm 16dBa fan to replace it so that shouldn't be a problem in a few days. My current PSU is fairly quiet as well, would I best served to swap PSUs with the A100 or mod in a new fan to the PSU that comes with it? What color version of this case do you all recommend, I'm leaning towards black since the rest of my stereo system is black as well. Thanks!

I am old school and only do black. as far as the sound, I can hear it with the TV at moderate to low levels. it is very noticeble with the TV off. fan replacement in the PSU might do the trick.

that's the same case i use with my HTPC. I love it. it's got 2x60mm fans in the back that are slightly noisy, and the light bar in the front is lit unevenly.

Other than that, I love it. I have absolutly no problem with it :)

it's running a mATX board with a barton 2500+ pinmodded to 3200+, 2x256mb ram, 250gig and 300gig hdd's, and an ati radeon 9800 pro. the psu has no problems powering all of these. paired with a zalman 7000cu hsf, this is a great, nearly silent setup! (the hdd is louder than everything else lol..)

Back