1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
HTPC / Video Re-compressing / Usenet / Archiving / Home-server functions
The PC is currently hardwired to network.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would prefer to stay under or around $500, before a TV tuner card and please recommend one for PVR functions.
3) Where do you live?
Northern Alexandria (comcastic)
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Power Supply - Must fit the case (current PSU is loud and probably about to die, MPT-301)
Video Card
Motherboard
CPU
CPU Heatsink/Fan (if the retail one isn't good enough)
Audio (if the motherboard isn't good enough)
Hard Drive 2 TB
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Cooler Master Case CAV-T04-UWA
Live X Gamer Card - CT4760
Logitech Z-5500
Lenovo Mini Wireless Keyboard N5901
DVD Drive RW
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Right now I have a 32" tube TV, plan to upgrade someday to a 1080i/p (whichever better) HD TV
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
HDMI for future use, unless video card can do it.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 Home Premium
I'm not sure if I should go AMD or Intel on this build, I would like to keep it low noise fan cooled only. If the case doesn't work out I would like to go to smaller one if it can keep the full functions needed.
HTPC / Video Re-compressing / Usenet / Archiving / Home-server functions
The PC is currently hardwired to network.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I would prefer to stay under or around $500, before a TV tuner card and please recommend one for PVR functions.
3) Where do you live?
Northern Alexandria (comcastic)
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Power Supply - Must fit the case (current PSU is loud and probably about to die, MPT-301)
Video Card
Motherboard
CPU
CPU Heatsink/Fan (if the retail one isn't good enough)
Audio (if the motherboard isn't good enough)
Hard Drive 2 TB
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Cooler Master Case CAV-T04-UWA
Live X Gamer Card - CT4760
Logitech Z-5500
Lenovo Mini Wireless Keyboard N5901
DVD Drive RW
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Right now I have a 32" tube TV, plan to upgrade someday to a 1080i/p (whichever better) HD TV
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
HDMI for future use, unless video card can do it.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 Home Premium
I'm not sure if I should go AMD or Intel on this build, I would like to keep it low noise fan cooled only. If the case doesn't work out I would like to go to smaller one if it can keep the full functions needed.