Over the weekend, I picked up a cheap Intel SC5100 server chassis from someone on Craigslist.
I picked this chassis up for my HTPC because I thought it would give me a lot of room for doing some good cooling solutions.
Here's the rig I'm running:
Tyan K8WE S2877 (dual operton 248s with thermaltake volcanos)
nVidia 8800GT (single slot, stock cooler)
SoundBlaster X-Fi
3x SATA300 HDDs (1x500GB, 2x2TB)
My big goal right now is to come up with a good airflow solution for this chassis that will keep the 8800GT from needing to ramp the fan up so much. I'm not opposed to going with an aftermarket HSF but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
Ideas?
Here's a link to the chassis' information: http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/chassis/sc5100/sc5100_tps.pdf
I picked this chassis up for my HTPC because I thought it would give me a lot of room for doing some good cooling solutions.
Here's the rig I'm running:
Tyan K8WE S2877 (dual operton 248s with thermaltake volcanos)
nVidia 8800GT (single slot, stock cooler)
SoundBlaster X-Fi
3x SATA300 HDDs (1x500GB, 2x2TB)
My big goal right now is to come up with a good airflow solution for this chassis that will keep the 8800GT from needing to ramp the fan up so much. I'm not opposed to going with an aftermarket HSF but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
Ideas?
Here's a link to the chassis' information: http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/chassis/sc5100/sc5100_tps.pdf