• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HTPC 8800gts

scrogathon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
194
Hey I was just wondering If anyone knows of a htpc case that fits a 8800gts? Any help greatly apreciated.
 
Unless you're gaming, you want the lowest power possible gfx that will still run your HD or SD videos in a HTPC. Less heat to dump, less noise to annoy. Generally, that means cards fitting those criteria fit in the average HTPC case fine. (Whether said case has good enough airflow as well as enough space is another matter.)
 
I have a 7950GT in my HTPC with a NV Silencer 5 installed on it. It's totally silent and decodes just about everything with room to spare.
I have tested it with Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick and King Kong 1080P HD DVD's.

8800GTS would be real overkill.
 
well I would have to say, If I want an 8800gts, i will need a fulltower, just to cool it down, I think I might just turn my current computer into my htpc, unless they come out with a new smaller cooler revision, than I geuss its outta the question. thanks for the help guys.
 
Back
Top