HTC One USB issue

shansoft

Supreme [H]ardness
This phone is fully working, except sometime when it connect to USB.

When it's connected to USB, sometime it would stop the USB data pipe, and required a reboot. But once you reboot, it will take 10-20 min to boot it back up again.

When I tried to reboot or shutdown, it doesn't show any screen and cannot boot at all for a long time, even with Power+volume.

Recharging function is not affected.

Anyone know how to solve this problem? It seems to have some sort of USB pipe issues. It happened on Stock settings, and even after I S-OFF and install custom ROMs.

I use HTC One X since January. Everything is good. But I recently faced with a problem - a computer does not "see" my phone. (I've tried on different computers transferring pictures from vacations.) :mad: In what could be the reason? Nobody faced? :)

Question: is the USB port you're connecting with USB3 and is the microUSB cable also USB3?

I am connecting to USB3, but the cable is USB 2

When it happened, my computer also stop recognizing my phone as well, also my MBP.

Something seems weird with USB firmware..

That's a common Android issue. Similar symptoms with my GS2 and Note 2. Get yourself a USB3 cable, or find an USB2 port or another computer with one.

That's a common Android issue. Similar symptoms with my GS2 and Note 2. Get yourself a USB3 cable, or find an USB2 port or another computer with one.

It doesn't seem to only happened when connecting to computer, also just normal charger. When I tried to reboot, I can't turn it on for another 20 min or so.

I tried to transfer pics by usual USB, which is included to the set. Yes, I should clarify whether it is USB3 or/and microUSB. :cool: :rolleyes:

20 minute reboot sounds like a problem, can you factory reset the phone?

I have never heard of or ever had this problem and I have a note 2, getting a usb 3.0 cable wont do anything because that phone can't take a usb 3.0 cable, it only has a usb 2.0 connection.

I have never heard of or ever had this problem and I have a note 2, getting a usb 3.0 cable wont do anything because that phone can't take a usb 3.0 cable, it only has a usb 2.0 connection.

Right, I suggest a factory reset, if the phone still drops connection or takes the same time to reboot (jeese even 10 minutes is WAY too long) I'd contact some customer support.

Try it... Seriously. Go onto XDA or other Android forums if you don't believe me. Easiest way to test this is use a regular usb 2 port with your existing wire.

Last edited:
I have to say Micro USB is just a crappy connection. Outside the issues you listed above its just fragile. My first HTC One the USB port was DOA, had to send it back and get another one.

Try it... Seriously. Go onto XDA or other Android forums if you don't believe me. Easiest way to test this is use a regular usb 2 port with your existing wire.

Try what? the phone does not have a usb 3.0 connection. There is nothing to try. Now if you mean try a usb 2.0 port instead of a usb 3.0 port that is completely different than you suggesting to use a 3.0 cable with the phone.

Factory reset does not solve the problem...

Using just USB2 does not seem to solve this problem either.

Sometime the problem is worse, which I couldn't turn it on for hours no matter what I do.

Connecting the USB cable while couldn't turn on will result longer wait to turn on.

I have S-OFF and install HBoot 1.54 with black background on bootloader for some custom ROM, now I couldn't use RUU from HtcDev...

Ouch..... :(

Not quite sure how the Warranty goes on this, but I will pay up to 300 dollar to fix it if possible.

Try what? the phone does not have a usb 3.0 connection. There is nothing to try. Now if you mean try a usb 2.0 port instead of a usb 3.0 port that is completely different than you suggesting to use a 3.0 cable with the phone.
As you can see, it was in the original suggestion... BTW, I use a micro USB 3 cable on my phones totally fine. It's backwards compatible, not forward. However, I was lucky to even locate a micro USB 3 cable that's compatible. It came with the portable scanners from the office.

Factory reset does not solve the problem...

Using just USB2 does not seem to solve this problem either.

Sometime the problem is worse, which I couldn't turn it on for hours no matter what I do.

Connecting the USB cable while couldn't turn on will result longer wait to turn on.

I have S-OFF and install HBoot 1.54 with black background on bootloader for some custom ROM, now I couldn't use RUU from HtcDev...

Ouch..... :(

Not quite sure how the Warranty goes on this, but I will pay up to 300 dollar to fix it if possible.
Pretty sure your warranty is dead unless you can revert it back to factory condition. But at this point, if USB2 wire to USB2 port still doesn't work for you, it's either the micro USB connector or the cable itself. Do you have another micro USB cable? Let's hope it's not the USB connector in the phone first.

As you can see, it was in the original suggestion...
Along with some information that isn't possible, which is why someone must ask what do you want them to try because half your info isn't possible.

BTW, I use a micro USB 3 cable on my phones totally fine
No, you don't.
If you are using a note 2 then you don't use a usb 3.0 cable, do you even know what a usb 3.0 cable is? Just in case you don't here's a picture.
dRIr3jZ.jpg

The htc one and note 2 do not have that connector, if you are using this cable:
QLxapa4.jpg
then your are using a usb 2.0 cable.

Have you tried a different cable? I've had several micro-USB cables go flaky on me in the past.

Bad usb cables don't make your phone freeze or crash.

Not necessarily true. I had a USB cable that when connected did all sorts of funky things to the phone. It had a grounding issue. Depends on the phone.

Op, did you try blowing out the connector on the phone? Mine collects all sorts of fun stuff over time.

Not necessarily true. I had a USB cable that when connected did all sorts of funky things to the phone. It had a grounding issue. Depends on the phone.

Op, did you try blowing out the connector on the phone? Mine collects all sorts of fun stuff over time.

Yep, its clean.... :(

That is typically the connector, not the cable.

Back