HTC Flyer at Bestbuy for only $99

it may have been a price mistake but then you it rang up at $99 and had a $99 tag on the shelf.
there were 3 at my store and the 3 people were able to purchase them and leave before the manager told the rest of us that they wouldn't honor the price mistake.

I love this mindset, no forgiveness or exceptions for any mistakes, ever. I dont know how you got through your entire life and professional career without telling someone something that you had to later take back. People and price mistakes are like vultures.

Its classic bait and switch. Get them to the store and half your job is done. Then you just have to trick the customer into getting something else. Not sure how any company can have a price error. At my job, I do lots of numbers on important projects. If I put down a wrong number the project is just not gong to go as planned. I double check my electronic file, then after printing I double check again. If I still miss an error it is usually caught by the next person in the design process who questions my numbers. How can something as high profile as a Tablet slip past any supervisors desk without being double checked? It wasnt a coffee maker or a DVD at the wrong price, it was a $300 tablet market at $99.

Cry me some more. If you take the time to actually read what bait and switch is, this is not a "classic bat and switch" as you say.

From the wiki:
"Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available and are "switched" to a costlier product."

As it states in the quotes, bait and switch is based of a correctly low priced item with limited or non-existent stock. NOT a pricing error.

Beat me to it. Was gonna say if this was a classic "bait and switch", where was the product that they were switched to. Classic don't know my terms is more like it. :p

Last edited:
Yeah bro that's good customer service! You tell them how it is.

Apparently your memory is about as rusty as your customer service skills because it was very recent that the touchpad dropped to 99. Slightly different circumstance? Maybe, but this isnt exactly the best tablet in the world. So its possible.

Sure, great customer service is selling products at a huge loss, good luck with your business. Not to mention most people in on these types of deals are just the vultures anyway who would never pay full price for anything the store had in the first place. Who wants those type of customers?

Although the guy should have just said its not 99 bucks, go away.

That is what i was referring to.

Sure, great customer service is selling products at a huge loss, good luck with your business. Not to mention most people in on these types of deals are just the vultures anyway who would never pay full price for anything the store had in the first place. Who wants those type of customers?

You twisted the meaning of my comment. Just because I don't have my nose up someone else's ass does not make me a poor employee. Once one starts kissing that ass, integrity begins to vanish. Something you've made painfully obvious with your misinterpretation of my words.

we get it, you are a huge disappointment and your boss expects the bare minimum from you.

lets keep this thread about BestBuy not honoring their price mistake and not your ass sniffing fetish, thnx.

Back