HTC Desire Z

ShadowStriker

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.htc.com/www/product/desirez/specification.html

I currently have an HTC Touch Pro2, but it looks like they're bringing back the QWERTY keyboard on the Desire Z but on an Android instead of WinMo (which is awesome), but its running 2.2. Not sure how I feel about this. I love my Touch Pro2, but Telus has pretty much given me the finger about what to do about it and I'm thinking the Desire Z might be the thing to upgrade to.

In the US its called the T-Mobile G2.. I had one (well my wife did).. Its a pretty good phone, but the hinge design seems pretty weak.. Also once you start to use swype on android the hard keyboard becomes less of an issue. Thats why we got rid of my wife's.. After about a month with the phone she realized that she never used the physical keyboard anymore because swype was faster & easier.

Now as far as upgrading from a TP2 it is a prety big upgrade, but not near as big of an upgrade as some of the other devices available. Figure it like this.. You currently have a 528 Mhz CPU w/ 288 mb ram & the desire Z has a 800 Mhz CPU w/ 512 mb ram. The HTC sensation has a Dual Core 1.2 Ghz CPU w/ 768mb ram.. Of course thats an extreme example since its HTC's top device atm, but its a hell of alot more of an upgrade.

Back