HTC 11 Rumored To Have Snapdragon 835 And 8GB Memory

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The new HTC is also, based on the leaked image, getting a borderless screen, along with a 3700mAh battery. I hope this is a taste of what the next Pixel phone will be like, assuming Google will tap HTC again next year.

The HTC 11 smartphone has yet to be unveiled, but already a tipster seems to know exactly what the specs of the new flagship model are going to be. This source says to expect a 5.5-inch display on the phone, with a sharp 1440 x 2560 resolution. Powering the unit will be the just announced Snapdragon 835 chipset carrying an octa-core CPU and the Adreno 540 GPU. Rumored to come with the HTC 11 is a whopping 8GB of RAM. That should make multi-tasking a snap. And with 256GB of native storage, users will be able to download and install a ton of apps as well as store many pictures and videos.

I cannot be the only one that has that skeptical look when multitasking is mentioned in relation to phones.. and 256gb? Good lord, why?

I cannot be the only one that has that skeptical look when multitasking is mentioned in relation to phones.. and 256gb? Good lord, why?
The storage at least makes sense if you're on a limited data plan and want to listen to music...order the new Netflix that let's you DL movies now.
I'm more curious about the RAM.
That much RAM unless its all in one chip will drain more energy for no gain.

Android is not the monster multitasker we all wish it was.

Trying to see why any of this matters at this present time. Now, in the future, yes but right now, complete overkill and way to costly.

So they can make their apps bigger in size without doing anything really different, of course. ;)

The storage at least makes sense if you're on a limited data plan and want to listen to music...order the new Netflix that let's you DL movies now.
I'm more curious about the RAM.
That much RAM unless its all in one chip will drain more energy for no gain.

Android is not the monster multitasker we all wish it was.

I have about 4000 songs on my computer, using roughly 18gb. Now, I know that the majority of these are mp3's and aren't one of the hipster lossless formats, but still, who needs that much music at any one time? On top of that, why lossless on headphones that people typically carry with their phones? I find its always the "just because" or "why not? lol" reasoning. Craziness.

meanwhile, apple is now going to remove...?

to be continued...
The screen of course.
That will allow them to reduce the battery to further shrink the width, and people won't be staring down at their screens making it the Safest iPhone yet!

256Gb of storage makes sense to me. Some people use their phones as a thumb drive as well. It's why currently I will not buy a phone with out a SD card slot. It is a deal breaker for me. It's why I never went with a Note 5, Iphone, or Nexus/Pixel. With 256Gb on board, I might consider a phone without a SD card slot. Just saying.
8 Gb of ram may be a bit overkill though. Sure, it could keep a lot of apps in mem for quicker switching between them, but it still seems a bit much. I am sure someone would put it to use though.

The screen of course.
That will allow them to reduce the battery to further shrink the width, and people won't be staring down at their screens making it the Safest iPhone yet!

Yeah, you think you're hilarious now, but what will you do when Apple releases a phone that only has a tiny, non-touch display, physical buttons, with no alphabet keyboard, and folds in half?

It will revolutionise the cellular industry.

Courage.

Yeah, you think you're hilarious now, but what will you do when Apple releases a phone that only has a tiny, non-touch display, physical buttons, with no alphabet keyboard, and folds in half?
Add a strap and call it an iFlip?

256Gb of storage makes sense to me. Some people use their phones as a thumb drive as well. It's why currently I will not buy a phone with out a SD card slot. It is a deal breaker for me. It's why I never went with a Note 5, Iphone, or Nexus/Pixel. With 256Gb on board, I might consider a phone without a SD card slot. Just saying.

Exactly. I store all sorts of crap on my phone (when travelling, I'll dump all of my family's pictures and videos on my phone to take home, for example, which can take up an ungodly amount of space). 256GB is a lot, but it's nice to have the space. I'm holding onto my Note 4 until it eats it because of the SD card slot and removable battery (another issue for another time...).

I was a big fan of the HTC 10 except for it's dog-squeeze battery life. Mine would lose 10-15% every hour just sitting unused in its stand. Would love to see that problem solved in the 11.

I have about 4000 songs on my computer, using roughly 18gb. Now, I know that the majority of these are mp3's and aren't one of the hipster lossless formats, but still, who needs that much music at any one time? On top of that, why lossless on headphones that people typically carry with their phones? I find its always the "just because" or "why not? lol" reasoning. Craziness.

I'm with you on this but some people I have met use their phone as their primary computing device. So everything is done through it, as for me I have multiple machines. So with my usage spread out on a few devices I have no need for that much storage on my phone I get by fine with 16GB internal and a 16GB SD card.

I'm with you on this but some people I have met use their phone as their primary computing device. So everything is done through it, as for me I have multiple machines. So with my usage spread out on a few devices I have no need for that much storage on my phone I get by fine with 16GB internal and a 16GB SD card.

Same here, my 32gb 6P has 15gb free and I have nothing in mind to take up the space. 256 is crazy lol

I'm always running out of room on my 64GB phone. It's not my primary computing device. I'll take as much storage as I can get me hands on. I'd even buy a 1TB phone if it existed and I didn't need to sell a kidney - and I'd still figure out a way to fill it.

I've got 256GB on my 7+; only about 45GB filled. I chose the 256 because that version shipped in a few days. The 128 was backordered for almost two months at the time.

If you are using Bluetooth aptX to stream music to another device (in my case a receiver) you want to start with a lossless codec or you will have lossy -> lossy transcoding. Obviously you are better off connecting a NAS or other device to connect with a wired connection but not everyone is going to have the extra money for that. Some people just want something that works out of the box after copying their music to their phone and would rather not deal with keeping two separate libraries (one lossless and one lossy) of the same exact music.

IPhone and will use 16GB HBM which is better than 64GB of flash memory!

Quite Interesting to see the borderless screen on a Google Pixel. regarding the 8gb of ram, i'm having doubts as well as to is it really necessary. 256gb storage? well I don't see why not.

Back