HT or Stereo Receiver?

shizdan

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
1,056
I am looking at to get either a HT receiver or Stereo Receiver but am unsure which one to get.

-Used for Audio Only
-Speakers are Energy C-50
-Sub is ESW-8
-unsure to use digital or analog..
 
I am looking at to get either a HT receiver or Stereo Receiver but am unsure which one to get.

-Used for Audio Only
-Speakers are Energy C-50
-Sub is ESW-8
-unsure to use digital or analog..
Depends what you want really.
A bit like me asking you which flavour of Ice cream I like best.
ps all sound is audio
 
Depends what you want really.
A bit like me asking you which flavour of Ice cream I like best.
ps all sound is audio

Oh sorry I meant music. I am just looking around. I don't mind refurbs or used.

How about those Harman Kardons?. I am mainly looking for sound quality
 
Questions:
1. How long will you keep this receiver?
2. Budget?
3. Will you go to 5.1 in the next 4-5 years?
 
1 - Keep it for as long asit will last me. As long as the sound quality is good I probaly won't need to upgrade
2 - Budget is around $150 but I am looking for a refurb or used to save some cash
3 - Possibly but not for a few years
4- Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it
 
I'd get a NAD or Pioneer Elite integrated amplifier personally.

EDIT: Post back in this thread what you'll get.
 
I'd buy a used vintage stereo amp. Best bang for the buck on the planet.

True, but they occasionally require maintenance which the OP may not want to do.

Shizdan: When you had the NAD, did you like the sound signature? Do you want more of the same or something else?
 
True, but they occasionally require maintenance which the OP may not want to do.

Shizdan: When you had the NAD, did you like the sound signature? Do you want more of the same or something else?

It was def. a good sound. I wouldn't mind it either way. I was looking around an stumbled on the Pioneer A-35R and that looked nice. Any good deals on ebay or any websites right now?. Hey thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate it!:D
 
I've owned the A-35R. Good stuff! I'm actually in the process of buying another.

If you liked the NAD sound, just stick with NAD.

But before you buy anything, head over to Audio Karma forums and see if there are any quick fixes for your NAD.
 
Back
Top