HT claro+

moose517

Gawd
hi guys, i'm having some issues with my new claro and was hoping you could help me. I have searched through google and here and didn't see anything pertaining to my problem. I have the omega claro+ and z5500(i know LOL) but when connected to the z5500 with analog the audio isn't sent out right. When i run windows speaker setup with 5.1 selected the front left is played through the rear, the center out the front left, right front out the right rear, the sub out the sub and front left, left rear out the center, and get nothing from the rear right. I have the plugs in the correct spot as far as i know, they match up with what the instruction manual says. I also installed the latest drivers instead of those from the disc. Also i closed the control panel for the sound card and can't seem to find it to re-open again. Any ideas guys?

Ok, as far as the controls, you can find it in Control Panel. All sound cards have a link to their settings under Control Panel. There should also be a link under the actual installation folder in Program Files.

As far as the speakers, I'm almost certain you have them connected wrong because I've had this very same problem with my X-fi. First of all, make sure the cable is pushed in all the way. Each 3.5mm cable has 2 little lines in the tip of the connector, and if you don't push them in all the way, the little lines in the tip are not gonna match the ones inside the sound card, and this will cause to send sound in the wrong speaker.
If that doesn't work, try to unplug the cables in your sound card and in your Z-5500. Connect each one individually, test, and if it sound right, move on to the next connector. Center and Subwoofer go together, Left and Right go together, and Rear Left and Rear Right go together.

I'm almost certain is the cables connected wrong because I've made this mistake 2 times already with my Z-5500 and X-fi sound card, every times I move to a new house.

Hope that helps.

yup turns out that the instruction manual was backwards, where the say the surround should be plugged in is where the center should have been, oh well works fine now :) thanks guys. Still don't see the HT control panel though, only one i can find is hte windows one. Might have to uninstall and and reinstall the drivers i guess.

Last edited:
I have the HT Claro+ as well.

You said the Center and Surround were reversed in the manual. Was that the only screwup?

The reason I ask is because I was trying to hook up two rears (surround) to my ht claro+ and they wouldnt work and I just assumed the problem was due to Win7Beta being... well Beta.... but if that surround hole is actually center and center is actually surround then I will have to try this again!!!

EDIT: Doesn't work for me, as I'm still getting glitchy front/rear config. I think the reason is that the Xear control panel doesnt work with Win7 until CMedia provides an update to HTOmega. Soon ....?

Last edited:
alright, so i tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the newest ones, still does funky things and its kinda pissing me off. i talked to there tech support and they just told me to retry drivers as well. I'm thinking that this might just get returned to newegg and i'll pick up a newer titanium x-fi, kinda miss my eax LOL.

Back