• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HSF? For Qpack

amdmadman

Gawd
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
721
Will a XP-90 with a vantec torando fit in the Q-Pack. If not i need to know what is the biggest HSF that will fit in it

Thanks
 
I think a Tornado is overkill unless you're doing crazy overclocking. If I were you I'd go for a Zalman 7000Cu or if you have a Biostar tForce the 7700Cu I believe fits. The Tornado probably won't fit because it is a pretty thick fan but it is just so noisy and annoying. Possibly the XP90 and like a thinner fan like a Panaflo.
 
You will be cutting that x-qpack to put in that setup

1 - smaller fan

2 - different heatsink (see Zalman)

3 - AMD Opteron Heatpipe heatsink is another good option.
 
no, the AMD 4-heatpipe heatsink is better than all of the above. I can confirm this with personal experience. Don't go wasting your money.
 
in my wife's QPACK, I'm using a Dynatron BH-610 (seen here ). I stripped off the factory heatsink, installed the Akasa AK-M168-2 fan size adapter (seen here ), and then put a nice Arcitc Cooling 80mm fan that delivers just as much air flow at less than half the dBA (seen here )

Of course, YMMV, but this is running in my wife's rig and it's QUIET.
 
I'm using XP-90 for now. The fan is mounted using cable ties.

200604070019mv.jpg


200604070030td.jpg


200604070076wg.jpg
 
Back
Top