HPD-disable passthrough DisplayPort adapter?

Ark :o

Limp Gawd
Hello people,

Just a thought. I have a need for something that I've been unable to locate a solution for on this lovely thing we call the internet.

What I am looking for is a simple passthrough adapter, female DisplayPort on one side, male DisplayPort on the other side, intended to plug in between the video card and the monitor. It seems like this adapter would need to feed 3.3v (or perhaps 5v, not sure which) to pin 19 in the video card side of the DisplayPort connector. Basically I am looking for a way to disable Hot Plug Detect on my LG 32GK850G-B monitor.

The reasoning on why is, I have an application that I want running in the background frequently while I am not in front of my computer. However, when HPD detects that my monitor is powered off and thus removes it from Device Manager, the application crashes. No numbers being crunched = unhappy me.

I can get around this problem by connecting my monitor using HDMI instead of DisplayPort, but then I lose all that 165hz G-SYNC'y goodness that I've come to love. So, I've been getting around the problem by full-screening a completely black image while I am away, which is hardly optimal.

If such an adapter existed, I bet it would sell a lot of pieces. Just a thought!

Thanks,
~Ark

Back