HP ZR24w

Anyone know what sort of pricing HP employees get? My uncle gets HP employee pricing (EDS) and curious as to what his price would be abouts.

We just need reviews now, although it's not in stock in any store here in Sweden yet (they are saying estimated in stock from 2010-04-01 to even 2010-05-03!)

Well that does it. Just ordered 3 from cost central. Got teh free shipping. They're in PA. I'm in Ohio. So, no tax for me. And that means it's a lot faster than waiting to get the monitors from California. Now I just need a video card :eek:

The "promo" items are just that. As I was told by customer support, they are the same exact monitor in the same exact retail packaging. Just with a promo cost.

Non-Promo
http://www.costcentral.com/proddeta..._30001_ZR24W_VGA_DVI_5MS/VM633A4ABA/11110138/

With Promo
http://www.costcentral.com/proddeta...W_LCD_MONITOR_US/VM633A8ABA/11108332/froogle/

Well that does it. Just ordered 3 from cost central. Got teh free shipping. Looks like TAX will only apply to PA for them. :)

The "promo" items are just that. As I was told by customer support, they are the same exact monitor in the same exact retail packaging. Just with a promo cost.

Non-Promo
http://www.costcentral.com/proddeta..._30001_ZR24W_VGA_DVI_5MS/VM633A4ABA/11110138/

With Promo
http://www.costcentral.com/proddeta...W_LCD_MONITOR_US/VM633A8ABA/11108332/froogle/

the non-promo is sold out..i would think its the other way around..keep us updated on how it goes.

this must be a sign...my primary monitor on my dual setup just died..the power light just keeps blinking...and this HP gets released today...AND my tax refund is here...wtf do i do now lol

does anyone know the dead pixel policy for costcentral?

also, stupid question, but.... do display port monitors normally come with a dp cable?

Last edited:
Also, is $425 the MSRP on this or a promo price? Would hate to not get one and the price to be $599 in a few weeks...

also, stupid question, but.... do display port monitors normally come with a dp cable?

"Please note that due to manufacturer requirements, items from the following companies or categories can not be returned once opened for any reason; APC, IBM, Lenovo, Compaq, Hewlett-Packard, Primera, Xerox, Lexmark, Polycom, all Printers/Photocopiers, memory products and Software. Defective items will be serviced or replaced by the manufacturer. This is not a complete list, and is provided as an example. Please contact our customer service department for more information prior to placing your order if you have any questions or concerns."

Sounds like they don't have one and it's all on HP.

Also, is $425 the MSRP on this or a promo price? Would hate to not get one and the price to be $599 in a few weeks...

I'm in the same boat... Need a new display for my hackintosh and had been considering another 2209WA, U2410, or this...

Sold my LP2475W (and kicking my ass for doing so) a couple months ago thinking I was actually purchasing a MAC, but instead decided to build a hack.:mad::mad::mad:

$425 is the real MSRP. However, I don't expect the promo price to last. Thus, I bought now.

I dunno. Call and ask. Their customer support is easy to get ahold of. Report back if you find out.

Also DVI and DP cables included.
Accessories Included DVI-D, DisplayPort; VGA, USB cable, power cable

DVI-D Video Cable Length 1,8 m (5.9 ft)
DisplayPort Video Cable Length 1,8 m (5.9 ft)
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13557_na/13557_na.html

Last edited:
Ah well, went ahead and ordered one from Cost Central. Needed some other doodads for work, so got some free shipping. Now to see if it's actually going to ship...

To all of those people taking the plunge before reviews get published...

We salute you. (and hurry the hell up and and post screenshots when you get your new monitor in)

Indeed you guys ordering blind are very brave, we're looking forward to hearing how good (or god forbid, bad) it is!

I talked with an on-line rep and he said if there are dead or stuck pixels they will offer an exchange or refund (with not restocking fees). I returned my U2410 for a full refund and hope this one might pan out.

that was i was told by an online HP rep also. is this monitor LED backlit?

According to all sources I have seen (but 1 that I think had the wrong info) it's NOT LED backlit.

I've had the monitor in my shopping cart but I just can't pull the trigger. If I knew I was going to be around to try it out immediately I would definitely order now. I can't see how this monitor can be anything but a good buy,

Great to see people taking the dive. I look forward to hearing more.

Wow, just watched it go from 35 in stock, to 2, to out of stock in 30 seconds on CostCentral.

If there is too much input lag for example. That's something you can't guess by looking at the specs.

I took a chance based on that it's IPS and not an el-cheapo monitor with no features.

My current 24" MVA panel, which I only use sometimes in place of my CRT, is manageable for fast-paced stuff, even FPS. And IPS should definitely be more responsive than *VA.

Since I'm not playing comp FPS these days, I don't need to be dead-nuts precise all day long. And so, these monitors would have be absolutely pitiful (like HDTV input lag pitiful) for me to dump them.

damn it just purchased one and it says out of stock on my invoice..

EDIT: i was told they got a few more instock this afternoon

Last edited:
My current 24" MVA panel, which I only use sometimes in place of my CRT, is manageable for fast-paced stuff, even FPS. And IPS should definitely be more responsive than *VA.
IPS doesn't necessarily mean low input lag. The Dell U2410 has an IPS panel and quite a high input lag. The HP LP2475 too...

Last edited:
Last I saw, U2410's game mode wasn't that bad compared to your average LCD. Just that the colors were crap in game mode.

if i ever get paid for some stuff i just sold on ebay, ill buy one of these.

so damn sick of having to use my ps3 with svideo cables.

Ahh... just bit. I have a $300 check sitting here so why not. I will post back with picks and some input. I will not get into much detail but will give you a good taste. Right now I'm running an Acer AL2051W MVA LCD and love it.... just hope the AG is not as bad as the 2410.

As stated I'll post back.

Ahh... just bit. I have a $300 check sitting here so why not. I will post back with picks and some input. I will not get into much detail but will give you a good taste. Right now I'm running an Acer AL2051W MVA LCD and love it.... just hope the AG is not as bad as the 2410.

As stated I'll post back.

where did you buy

Ordered mine this morning by phone and was told they have 300+ in stock. I also received shipping notification this afternoon with tracking number.

Back