HP z820 be used for gaming?

mrdude42

n00b
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
5
I know a lot of people are gonna tell me I'm crazy for asking this... please just stay on topic.

Could an HP z820 be used for gaming? I know it's a workstation but if the workstation graphics cards were traded for a gaming graphics card would it be a good gaming computer then?

Here are the specs currently:
2 Intel Xeon E5-2665 20MB L3 Cache @ 2.4GHz
128GB of DDR3 1600 Ram
2x Nvidia Quadro 2000
250GB SSD
 
Yes. Just needs the card swapped out. Assuming windows 8 or 7. Not server OS.
 
GTX 660 unless you want to pay a little more (and possibly get down to around $200 after rebates) on a 7870.
 
The Nvidia Quadro 2000 is worth $300ish on ebay. You could sell both and get a 680 or 7970.
 
Back
Top