comp.u.newb
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 10, 2008
- Messages
- 51
Hello fellow hp slimmers I have noticed that many of you have questions regarding the HP slimline s3220n. I have wanted to answers all of the questions I can understand regarding the s3200n. However seeing as I don't log on much and don't like sorting trough Archaea tread I will make a separate tread and let you redirect all questions regarding the HP Slimline s3220n, and even some regarding the M2N61-AR Motherboard.
I would like to start out by a small Q&A.
Q. Can the s3220n support any video card even though it already has a AMD X2 5000+ 65W processor?
A.1.- Yes and no, the slim can technically support all PCIe video cards however; power supply permitting(rec. 30W-max) the best video card(Nvida) you can get right now is the: 8600GT.
A.2.- There are size limitations also due to the small form factor of the slimline you can only put a low profile or often abbreviated LP video card. Be advised that most low profile cards require you to buy low profile brackets.
Q. How many versions are there of the 8600GT?
A. Well as far as I know there are only two(2) the DDR3 256MB, and the DDR2 512MB. The DDR3 version is incredibly faster than it's DDR2 counterpart archiving almost 10FPS extra per games. The DDR2 is almost inexpensive at 75-82USD$ almost anywhere while its DDR3 can go from 90-120$ on some stores.
Go ahead ask any question regarding the s3220n, and the M2N61-AR Motherboard. I will try to answer them with as much information possible.
I would like to start out by a small Q&A.
Q. Can the s3220n support any video card even though it already has a AMD X2 5000+ 65W processor?
A.1.- Yes and no, the slim can technically support all PCIe video cards however; power supply permitting(rec. 30W-max) the best video card(Nvida) you can get right now is the: 8600GT.
A.2.- There are size limitations also due to the small form factor of the slimline you can only put a low profile or often abbreviated LP video card. Be advised that most low profile cards require you to buy low profile brackets.
Q. How many versions are there of the 8600GT?
A. Well as far as I know there are only two(2) the DDR3 256MB, and the DDR2 512MB. The DDR3 version is incredibly faster than it's DDR2 counterpart archiving almost 10FPS extra per games. The DDR2 is almost inexpensive at 75-82USD$ almost anywhere while its DDR3 can go from 90-120$ on some stores.
Go ahead ask any question regarding the s3220n, and the M2N61-AR Motherboard. I will try to answer them with as much information possible.