HP Procurve 4000m Question..

WesM63

2[H]4U
I don't know anything about HP stuff, so can someone help me out here. I just picked up a 4000m from an upgrade we did (went to a cisco network), the switch currently has 2x J4115B gigabit ethernet cards in it. I need to know how many J4115B cards I can put in it. I would like at least 4, but don't know if the switch can handle that. HP's site hasn't helped much either.

So can any HP guys help me out?

So you want to put in 4 of the single slot gige cards? If so it can easily handle it.

Yes, that is what I want to do. I did some looking, the backplane is only 3.8Gb/s. Thats another reason why I was unsure.

We only use HP switches for all of our sites. I've been using them for about a year. I was starting to think I had a good handle on what procurves they had to offer.

I haven't seen this model. I'm assuming it's a bit of an older model.

If you're looking for procurve parts check this place out.

www.insight.com

We only use HP switches for all of our sites. I've been using them for about a year. I was starting to think I had a good handle on what procurves they had to offer.

I haven't seen this model. I'm assuming it's a bit of an older model.

If you're looking for procurve parts check this place out.

www.insight.com

It is a bit of an older model (1998/99 ????). For the time the price per port for a managed switch was pretty unbeatable (about $1200 for 40 10/100 managed ports, with expandability) It is still an oldie but a goodie. You can pick them up for $200 fully populated with 80 ports on E-bay now a days.

Back