HP Probook 4540s gpu not functioning

DarrisBard

Limp Gawd
Hello,

Thanks for any assistance. I play pro evolution soccer with my friend online (we live in different states and he wanted to cheapo laptop to play the newer versions. I had recommended he get the HP Probook 4540s which should have a AMD Radeon HD 7650M. However I am unable to get the amd Catalyst Control Center to come up no matter what drivers I use. I tried from the HP website, from AMD, and some beta ones that came up when I googled this problem with this model. The game is clearly running off the integrated graphics. Any suggestions?

He is using Windows 7 (ie did not upgrade to 8 which was available).

Recap:
HP probook 4540s
AMD Radeon HD 7650M will not function.

Are you sure that the laptop you bought has a dedicated video card? The Probook 4540s line has many submodels, some of which only have integrated graphics.

The easiest way to check is to download and run GPU-Z. GPU-Z will identify which GPU is running on the bottom left corner of the window. If you see a "down arrow" next to the GPU name, you can select which GPU to review.

Thanks for the response. My friend is going to check his laptop with gpu-z when he gets back from his work trip later in the week.

Back