HP Omen 27 with G-Sync - any reviews?

joecop120

[H]ard|Gawd
Thinking about picking up one of these HP Omen 27 G-sync monitors but cannot find any official reviews on it.

They are $350 locally which seems like a good deal, has a usb 3.0 hub built in, ambient lighting LED, and 1440p resolution.

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-27-display

Pretty sure its a TN panel also.

Anyone have thoughts on the display? I've never spent more than $150 on a monitor before.

The model you are seeing locally at $350 is probably the FreeSync model, that’s the price it hovers around. Did you verify the model number?

The model you are seeing locally at $350 is probably the FreeSync model, that’s the price it hovers around. Did you verify the model number?

Definitely G-Sync. Saw it in person. I don't want to post it on Slickdeals yet, since I'm not sure if I want to buy or not.

Looks like any other 27" 1440p 144/165hz TN G-Sync monitor. They all basically use the same panel and are all curated by Nvidia for proper adaptive overdrive and such, so I wouldn't expect much difference compared to the other ones.

The Omen has always been woefully expensive with that in mind, usually costing even more than even the IPS models. For 350$ I don't see why not though

Back