HP Officejet Pro L7680 doesn't work as network printer

G'morning all,

This is on XP computers through a Linksys WRT610N router and some Netgear switch.

We got an HP Officejet Pro L7680 AIO that I'd much prefer to hook up via ethernet rather than USB due to location. When we first got it, ~10 days ago, it worked fine. After I set it up I left for a couple days for other business reasons and when I got back, in the intervening time it had stopped working. The office lady here says she didn't touch anything and as near as I can tell she didn't.

The printer still shows as ready in the printers folder, heck, it's even currently showing as low toner, the HP utility program still detects the printer and ink level shows and all that, but whenever I try to print to it, the error message XP gives is "this document failed to print", no other reason.

I've used XP's add printer wizard, I've used HP's printer installation CD, both from clean installs, but nothing changes. It's like this on the three computers I've tried to print to it from. None of them have any firewalls besides Windows'.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give. :)

Use the netbios name. Once the printer is in the correct ip address range (also should be static address also). It will work...

It is and was a static IP already, and nothing changed when I tried the NETBIOS name instead (HPFE28FE as reported by "nbtstat -a 192.168.1.108").

Print a configuration page to insure it's getting an IP. Also, try manually assigning an IP in a range not being assigned by DHCP.

Back