HP Netserver mod (hl2)

Thermite Paste

Supreme [H]ardness
ok, im probably going to be doing a mod on a netserver e 40. it will probably be half life 2 themed, and is gonna look kickass.

so far im gonna paint the case black, paint the clear cover over the drives with uv colors, the half life logo in orange and the rest of the cover will be painted some other color to contrast it (or maybe i should just leave it at the logo?)

also since the case will not hold a standard atx mobo as its not tall enough with the setup inside it, im gonna be cutting out the hard drive bays and leaving one hard drive in a rack at the bottom cd rom drives.

There will be PLENTY of room for a WC setup, but im not sure if ill have the money to shell out on one. probably putting in a window too. im also redoing the top half of the front somehow, as it looks ugly.

Pic:
untitled801.jpg

ill post a pic of the inside later.

any ideas or opinions would be appreciated.

hmmm... black with a red design on it sounds pretty nice for the case.... ill have to think of something. or maybe black and orange to match the logo.

yea, i like that idea. i might change the case color to dark red then to go along with the rust.

It's your case, so do what you'd like to it. Just don't expect originality points on the rust thing. Personally, I think it would feel gross, and you'd get that shit on your hands any time you moved the case around.

Just my thoughts on the whole rust thing...

well, if you air brush rust on it might feel dirty but wouldnt get on your hands, and it would be AWESOME if you did it right. but to each his own. :)

well, right now im going to wait for hl2 to come out so i can get some ideas. I might start converting the inside soon to fit standard atx form though.

ok, well my friend has an old gateway 2000 sitting in his garage, and i offered him ten dollars for it. What do you think would be better for this mod, the gateway 2000 case or the hp netserver e 40 case? heres some pics for comparison:

Netserver:
hp_netservwr_e_50.jpg

Gateway 2000:
newkoala.jpg

im not gonna start the actual mod yet, just getting ideas.

i may still have one of those gateway POS's...the thing is incredibly heavy....honestly just figure out what you want your case to have...THEN decide which of the two would work better for it.

well, i think i decided on paint for the case. you know the background for the hl1 setup? or the hl1 pause screen? well that is what i am planning on doing for the paint. Either that or some reddish-brown fake rust theme. Im not totally sure until i play hl2. i might get something completely new from it.

Back