• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HP MCE remote - no IR receiver

oakfox

n00b
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
42
I bought the HP Media Center Remote Control, mainly because its sleek and nicer looking than the Microsoft version. However, when I received it in the mail today, it didn't come with an IR receiver... sooo I called HP and asked what the deal was. To the surprise of the guy on the phone, it doesnt come with one (lol), so he refunded me for the whole thing and I got to keep it free of charge.

Now I need to figure out an IR Receiver I can use with it. my ATI TheaterPro 550 came with a crap remote and IR receiver.. can I use the receiver with the HP remote? If not, can I get an internal IR receiver and can someone recommend one that works with MCE remotes? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :O
 
no you can't but you can use the USBUIRT. it will work with any as it is learing capable. or you can hunt ebay for one.
 
It'd be cheaper to buy a real mce remote which comes with the ir receiver and blaster. Not as versatile as the usbuirt, but cheaper and will work. You'll also have a spare remote in case one gets lost down a sofa cusion.

If that refurb deal from a couple of weeks ago is still working, it should only be $20 or so.
 
agreed... you need a MCE ir blaster.. you can get a the kit for $30 so....
 
err.... he has the remote just needs a sensor.

is that what you were trying to get at? buy that and use the IR sensor with your HP MCE remote... i think they look better also...
 
Adidas4275 said:
err.... he has the remote just needs a sensor.

is that what you were trying to get at? buy that and use the IR sensor with your HP MCE remote... i think they look better also...
Correct. Buy that and just set the remtoe asside. I bougtht that package and set the remote asside and programed my harmony to control my MCE box.

- Josh
 
Back
Top