HP lp3065 A8 & A4 - Difference?

Deeky

Gawd
Considering the apparent nastiness regarding input lag on the Dell 3008wfp, I'm back to the HP lp3065 as my 30" of choice. Just waiting for a good deal to crop up.

I've since noticed two models (revisions, whatever) for the HP 30", the EZ320A8 and the EZ320A4. The A4 seems to be priced at least $200 more than the A8 on most sites. For instance, HP.ca: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/e...2136-12142136-12142136-12142200-12909210.html

I haven't taken the time to scour the spec sheets with a fine tooth comb, but does anyone know the difference between the A8 and the A4? What makes the A4 worth an additional two bills?

I have two LP3065s... had to go through 3 new ones and 1 refurb before I settled on these two.

The product numbers on mine just have EZ320A next to the product number, no "4" or "8".

The ones I got were tagged "Smart Buys" and priced cheaper than the non Smart Buy LP3065s... they are brand new but maybe they are "seconds" or something... two of the four I went through did not meet HP dead pixel standards.

HP support is a nightmare to deal with. They would not replace my new LP3065 with a new monitor; even told me in writing they would send me a "new" one, but sent a sloppy refurb instead.

Buy from a retailer with a good return policy and deal with them in case you need to do a return. These monitors are very nice if you get "good" ones.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I've heard horror stories regarding HP customer support, but I suppose it's a risk I'm willing to take to get what I consider the "best" 30" monitor on the market (at the moment).

I've also found a third version, the EZ320AA. It seems to be the designation for the lp3065c, which comes as part of an HP desktop tower/monitor combo. When sold individually, the AA seems to be the cheapest of the bunch.

Still ... I cannot seem to find a difference in terms of specs. Maybe just overall build quality?

Back