HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

Here we go. Pic of a Windows menu with the resolution set to 1920x1080.

IMAG0030.jpg

I'm using that F/W right now, and I can tell you the 1080p issue is most certainly there!

What about your H/W version on the back of the monitor (also GIG something).

When you're playing your Blu Ray or setting you're monitor to 1920x1080in windows, does the monitor OSD report "1080p" or "1920x1080 60Hz"?

Looks like when I set Windows to 1920x1080, the monitor OSD still reports 1920x1200. Of course there are black bars at the top and bottom of the screen when it's set that way.

To test it properly, you need to set you graphics drivers to use the monitors built in scaling, and then set the monitor to 1:1 mode. That way, the monitor itself will be doing the 1:1 pixel mapping, and I guarantee you will have the blotchy issue.

No idea how to do that, I'm afraid.

My Amazon replacement LP2475w came in today. Very satisfied! Much like my last display, this one has only very limited (Or none? It's very hard to tell sometimes depending on lighting an sitting position) color shifting, and 0 dead pixels.

I'm looking for a 24" lcd monitor. After i google it hours,days,i CAN'T take the final decision.
It's pretty hard.I read a lot of reviews,forums,opinions,and everyone say that HP LP2475w it's a great monitor. The only think i'm affraid of HP LP2475w ,is the red tint. Is that really bad ?
I have now Samsung T240HD,bluish tint...i just don't like that.
The LCD monitor i'll buy it,it's gonna be used for :
Web surfing,music,movies,GAMES,and so on.
I never play online ( time response is 6 ms,if that's a minus )
There is a few options to choice a good monitor ;
No TN panel,i dont' care about PiP,USB,webcam,tv tuner,tilting .....
Should be 1920 x 1200 , HDMI port ,DVI ( of course ) but the most important thing is the picture quality.
You mean,HP LP 2475w it's a good choice ?
After i google it,i found here a few good monitors :
1 HP LP 2475w
2 DELL 2408 WFP
3 Samsung 245T
4 DELL U2410
What do you mean,guys ?? Which one would be the best ?
Thanks in advance.

Just got my HP LP2475w and I love it! No stuck pixels or green/pink issues! BUT.... the matte screen is driving me NUTS. I went from a glossy 24" TN panel I was using for years to matte, and now it's like there is this fine layer of dust on anything bright. So I wanted to try a 24" GLOSSY PVA or MVA monitor before deciding if I want to return the HP. Can anyone suggest one?? Do they exist? I already know I won't be able to find an affordable 24" glossy IPS.

What's the difference between glossy,anti glare and mate panel ?
Mine is Samsung T240HD,which is anti glare,also i know.
Why is the mate screen driving you nuts ??

Last edited:
Why is the mate screen driving you nuts ??

A glossy panel is not anti-glare. The surface is shiny. And I said why it's driving me nuts... going from a glossy panel, the anti-reflective finish on this one gives the subtle impression of fine rainbow dust all over the screen. You have to be used to a glossy panel to understand.

Again, looking for any glossy 24" PVA/MVA suggestions! Otherwise I'll probably keep this one. It solved the viewing angle and color shift issues, if nothing esle.

One more question for you,please : what kind of monitor ( glossy) did you have before ?
Name,model..
Thanks.

One more question for you,please : what kind of monitor ( glossy) did you have before ?
Name,model..
Thanks.

Gateway FHD2400 - no "dust" effect, being 100% glossy. But it's a TN panel, and the viewing angles are so bad, even looking at it head on results in different color/contrast between top and bottom.

I'm looking for a 24" lcd monitor. After i google it hours,days,i CAN'T take the final decision.
It's pretty hard.I read a lot of reviews,forums,opinions,and everyone say that HP LP2475w it's a great monitor. The only think i'm affraid of HP LP2475w ,is the red tint. Is that really bad ?
I have now Samsung T240HD,bluish tint...i just don't like that.
The LCD monitor i'll buy it,it's gonna be used for :
Web surfing,music,movies,GAMES,and so on.
I never play online ( time response is 6 ms,if that's a minus )
There is a few options to choice a good monitor ;
No TN panel,i dont' care about PiP,USB,webcam,tv tuner,tilting .....
Should be 1920 x 1200 , HDMI port ,DVI ( of course ) but the most important thing is the picture quality.
You mean,HP LP 2475w it's a good choice ?
After i google it,i found here a few good monitors :
1 HP LP 2475w
2 DELL 2408 WFP
3 Samsung 245T
4 DELL U2410
What do you mean,guys ?? Which one would be the best ?
Thanks in advance.

i would like to know as well, it must have 1920 x 1200, HDMI/DVI/component/composite/usb/etc of 1x at least and the picture contrast must be above 10k. i use it for tv and ps3 (fullhd gaming/bluray movies)... any suggestions? worst comes to worst, if this hp monitor better or t240hd?

i would like to know as well, it must have 1920 x 1200, HDMI/DVI/component/composite/usb/etc of 1x at least and the picture contrast must be above 10k. i use it for tv and ps3 (fullhd gaming/bluray movies)... any suggestions? worst comes to worst, if this hp monitor better or t240hd?

No LCD has a 10K:1 contrast ratio, those are falsely inflated numbers and pure marketing tripe.

A good LCD will have a static contrast ratio of about 1000:1, the best have around 1200:1, and that usually uncalibrated with the brightness set so high that the blacks wash out. Calibrated for white point accuracy, 800:1 is a good number.

I think the blacks on this monitor are awful.

Example of what a 1:1 pixel mapped image should look like:

1200x.png

What 1:1 pixel mapped 1080p looks like:

1080.png

Letters are all blotchy.

What wre you using to play BluRay, and what firmware is your monitor running?

if i use this for ps3, how do i check if i have this 1080p problem?

and how to check if i have any other problems or not? i am rather new to this

If you connect this monitor to a PS3 there is no such a problem. Image Control in monitors menu becomes available and you can set scalling by yourself. It works like a charm.

Hey guys, i recently bought a HP LP2475w 24 widescreen. I've been having a few problems with the screen, one being a power issue, which i think has to do with the cable (when screen is moved, cable fizzes and power to the screen is turned off then after a couple of seconds is turned back on).

But now i was updating my area and tried to hook up my Xbox 360 to the component inputs. Connecting fine, i noticed the colours were all out of sync and there was now a green tint to the picture. Now i thought it might have been the Xbox, but i had tried it 10 mins earlier on a 50" sony bravia which was fine. I went to the Xbox display settings and put the HD settings on. Though it got rid of the fuzzy outlines it didn't improve the picture tint. I tried messing around with the colour management, however this just turned the areas which were now green to orange or to a weird invert colour.

I thought maybe the cable was just a bit weird, so i hooked up my Wii, again same problem. I've heard about this Green to Pink hue, which i don't think this is. Currently i have my computer hooked up via hdmi and that works perfectly, setting are fine, colour is good. So i'm not sure if its an input thing or a calibration thing... help would be great.

thanks.

I don't think you understand the problem. 'Image Control' has nothing to do with it.

That's where you set the scaling on the monitor, and where you should set it for 1:1 mapping so that non-native resolutions appear normal.

Hey guys, i recently bought a HP LP2475w 24 widescreen. I've been having a few problems with the screen, one being a power issue, which i think has to do with the cable (when screen is moved, cable fizzes and power to the screen is turned off then after a couple of seconds is turned back on).

But now i was updating my area and tried to hook up my Xbox 360 to the component inputs. Connecting fine, i noticed the colours were all out of sync and there was now a green tint to the picture. Now i thought it might have been the Xbox, but i had tried it 10 mins earlier on a 50" sony bravia which was fine. I went to the Xbox display settings and put the HD settings on. Though it got rid of the fuzzy outlines it didn't improve the picture tint. I tried messing around with the colour management, however this just turned the areas which were now green to orange or to a weird invert colour.

I thought maybe the cable was just a bit weird, so i hooked up my Wii, again same problem. I've heard about this Green to Pink hue, which i don't think this is. Currently i have my computer hooked up via hdmi and that works perfectly, setting are fine, colour is good. So i'm not sure if its an input thing or a calibration thing... help would be great.

thanks.

I don't know about the X-box thing, but are you sure you connected the RCA jacks properly, they are color sensitive and the blue and gren look very similar in the dark.

In any case, if you have another power cord laying around (all PC power cords are the same) try it, if it still "fizzes" you should return it for another unit.

I don't know about the X-box thing, but are you sure you connected the RCA jacks properly, they are color sensitive and the blue and gren look very similar in the dark.

100 percent sure that the inputs are connected properly. I had that problem :) in which the screen was a blank blue. Once i swapped the inputs over the screen turned on. I've put the orange in the right input...not sure what that's for in all honesty?!

Ill try take a picture.

In any case, if you have another power cord laying around (all PC power cords are the same) try it, if it still "fizzes" you should return it for another unit.

I'm going to try this tonight and see what happens, but i think mostly likely this product is going back... just don't want to get the green to pink hue problem, some people have been talking about. I've been lucky so far.

Ok... just to settle a few of my problems...which are now solved btw.

Concerning the problem with my component.... well tbh it was my fault. I was sticking in all the leads which i thought was audio, what i didn't know was as soon as i did that it obviously thought i wanted to use composite, as i found it weird when i took out the blue cable all the colour went...hmm werid. Anyway i sorted it out by making sure that only the 3 cables were in. I feel like such an idiot. terrible.

And concerning the kettle cable, it seems the cable is dodgy i swapped it for another and it seems to have fixed the fizzing problem. I applied the problematic cable to the other screen i took it from and straight away it started fizzing. I should throw it away me thinks.

Thanks for the help guys. appreciate it!

I got one of these LCD's and I noticed the faint red hue in certain letters while using Windows 7.
You can really only notice it on certain letters..If you type a bunch of ffffffffffffffffffff's all in a row you can tell it looks fuzzy/odd. I have tried a few settings but nothing really helped much.

Did anyone on Windows 7 sort out this issue to a conclusion? I tried using the desktop resolution at 1900x1200 but it was too small for everyday use. I am now at 1680x1050 and I still notice that the text is not super crisp, and ESPECIALLY on certain letters.

I know this display is not known for having SUPER clear text, but just wondering if anyone circumvented it.

Pictures/Playing games the colors look great. Thanks

I got one of these LCD's and I noticed the faint red hue in certain letters while using Windows 7.
You can really only notice it on certain letters..If you type a bunch of ffffffffffffffffffff's all in a row you can tell it looks fuzzy/odd. I have tried a few settings but nothing really helped much.

Did anyone on Windows 7 sort out this issue to a conclusion? I tried using the desktop resolution at 1900x1200 but it was too small for everyday use. I am now at 1680x1050 and I still notice that the text is not super crisp, and ESPECIALLY on certain letters.

I know this display is not known for having SUPER clear text, but just wondering if anyone circumvented it.

Pictures/Playing games the colors look great. Thanks

If you don't use the native res, text is going to look wacky. The red edge for white on black is normal for most RGB pixel formats with font smoothing enabled, you can also get a blue edge on the left of certain characters. You can try adjusting teh Clear Type settings or just disable it all together.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearType/tuner/tune.aspx

You can see the effect best if you type this....

[[[[[[[|||||||]]]]]]]]

...in a large black font (something not pixel perfect like 12 in wordpad) on a white background, once you tune Clear Type, you should be able to reduce the effect. Also high contrast or gamma settings can make it worse. I keep my contrast around 60, and it's less pronounced.

The red is likely a result of cleartype in combination with scaling 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 which offsets the scaled pixels with the actual ones. Even if you disable it though text will still look 'fuzzy' as long as you aren't running at your display's native resolution. I recommend going back to 1920x1200 and changing the DPI settings in (Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display) for larger text. It won't work for everything but LCD scaling makes god cry. (especially on a nice display like this)

Last edited:
How are the colors,on web browsing ?
What about the red tint ? Is that really annoying ?!
I'm looking for a 24" lcd monitor,and after a lot of researches,i'm still undecided.
My budget is about 500 euros ( 740 USD ) ,and i'll use it most of the time for gaming,web browsing,movies.
The only "bad" thing i read about HP LP2475w is the red tint.
What would you recommend ? This HP,or something similar ( IPS ,1920 x 1200 ) ?
How are those ones ?
-
http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3088238/art/hp/l2445w-24-wide-tft-screen.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2689028/art/hp/w2558hc-26-wide-tft-scree.html

http://www.dabs.ie/products/hp-w2448hc-24--widescreen-5CVW.html?refs=50240-51800000
Are they much worse than HP LP2475w ,if they are TN panel ?

How are the colors,on web browsing ?
What about the red tint ? Is that really annoying ?!
I'm looking for a 24" lcd monitor,and after a lot of researches,i'm still undecided.
My budget is about 500 euros ( 740 USD ) ,and i'll use it most of the time for gaming,web browsing,movies.
The only "bad" thing i read about HP LP2475w is the red tint.
What would you recommend ? This HP,or something similar ( IPS ,1920 x 1200 ) ?
How are those ones ?
-
http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3088238/art/hp/l2445w-24-wide-tft-screen.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2689028/art/hp/w2558hc-26-wide-tft-scree.html

http://www.dabs.ie/products/hp-w2448hc-24--widescreen-5CVW.html?refs=50240-51800000
Are they much worse than HP LP2475w ,if they are TN panel ?

There is no red tint issue. Some people have reported that one side of the screen may have a different white temperature than the other, but no overall tint or hue issues. If you mean the oversaturation of reds and greens due to the wide gamut, you may get used to it as did I and others. It doesn't really bother me now, I have had the screen since 02/09.

I think i take the HP LP2475w. Hopefully is better than the Samsung T240HD.
Thanks.

I've searched this thread but couldn't find a conclusive answer.

Are there two different versions of this screen? S-IPS and H-IPS?

Also, what are the differences between the two? My monitor is definitely not made in 2009, I got it probably very early 09'. I am fairly happy with this one even though there are a couple stuck pixels but what bothers me is the white glow when displaying black.

If there is a newer H-IPS version, would that take care of the white glow?

Can you use a ( universal :D ) remote controle,to setup the colors,contrast & stuff ??
Thanks.

I've searched this thread but couldn't find a conclusive answer.

Are there two different versions of this screen? S-IPS and H-IPS?

Also, what are the differences between the two? My monitor is definitely not made in 2009, I got it probably very early 09'. I am fairly happy with this one even though there are a couple stuck pixels but what bothers me is the white glow when displaying black.

If there is a newer H-IPS version, would that take care of the white glow?

There is only one panel, and they are all H-IPS.

There is only one panel, and they are all H-IPS.

I saw someone state this elsewhere in the thread but haven't seen any sources or anything.

So I guess the white glow is present on all LP2475s?

Anyone know of any good deals on a monitor with a A-TW polarizer?

Last edited:
I saw someone state this elsewhere in the thread but haven't seen any sources or anything.

So I guess the white glow is present on all LP2475s?

Anyone know of any good deals on a monitor with a A-TW polarizer?

All new IPS panels have the glow.

You might as wll forget about the A-TW polarizer, unless you want to spend what it takes to get a generation one NEC LCD2490wuxi or LCD2690wuxi, as they were the only sure bet at getting one. There was a Doublesight unit that had the same panel as teh LCD2690wuxi, but it was a lottery as to whether or not you would get the A-TW version.

All new NECs (2490wuxi2 and 2690wuxi2) have the same panels as other brands and no A-TW. So you are looking at around US $1100 for the A-TW.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1258264075&sr=8-2&condition=new

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...p?ie=UTF8&qid=1258264252&sr=8-2&condition=new

You can sometimes find refurbished 2490s for around $600-$800 at techforless or on e-bay, but they are getting more scarce everyday, I haven't seen one in months now. I should have gotten a 2490 when they were $600 and kept it to myself instead of posting a thread here about them. They have the 2690s often, but you won't save much over a new one, and they had uniformity issues anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-MULTISYNC-L...temQQptZComputer_Monitors?hash=item45ee9b1149

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I got this monitor last week after reading so much great reviews about it, but feared the green/red tint issues. Unfortunately, it did have the green/red tint problem. I emailed HP on Friday, and DHL delivered a new monitor on Monday.

I'm happy to say that the replacement monitor has almost no gren/red tint problem (I'll have to look really hard to notice it whereas before it was quite noticeable). After reading so many people having this issue even after several replacements, I think I'm going to keep this one, unless it gets worse. There is no dead pixel, but there is what appears to be dust between inside the screen (hardly noticeable though).

Original monitor was GIG153; firmware GIG072; manufactured in China July 2009.
Replacement is GIG111; firmware GIG076; manufactured in China July 2008. I'm guess it's a refurbished unit, but the backlight is zero hours (could be reset, as others have mentioned).

One question: What do people with Huey Pro set their OSD to?
Do I set the OSD to the settings that TFT Central used (brightness 17; contrast 65; R251 G235 B242) and then calibrate with Huey Pro? Or do I set OSD to 6500K and then calibrate? Huey Pro does not allow calibration of individual brightness, contract, R/G/B levels like the LaCie Blue Eye Pro.

What are your brightness and contrast settings on the two monitors? The LP2475w at around 10 brightness and 65 contrast (near 120cd/m2) should be about the same (.17 cd/m2). Unless you are talking about the glow associated with the IPS matrice where the corners have a distinctive white haze on a black screen that is larger the closer you are to the unit.

This could be it. Also The coating appears to be very different from my 2408wfp. the HP's coating is more grainy looking and shiny.

I have a problem with this display,maybe you guys find the problem:
- i am having problems with the size of the image that is being displayed, more precisely having like 2mm black lines on the margins(horizontal and vertical) like the image is a little bit smaller than the display.
I am using the DVI connection and the graphics card is an Evga GTX280. I have tried refitting the image using the OSD but the Image control option is greyed out when using DVI and I couldnt find in Nvidia control panel a menu from where you can "stretch" the image or adjust the vertical/horizontal image position.
F/W Version:GIG032
I have tried also Factory reset but the problem remains.

Back