HP Laserjet 4000 TN help

I have a 4000TN that I have to use at work and want to find out how to force it to print just straight B&W.

Right now, anything I print, such as emails, that contain blue and possibly other colors of text will print out very light and hard to read.

I've followed the manual's instructions to disable economode, which did not help, and to shut off gray scale shading...this also did not help. I cannot find anything in the printer preferences or properties that would fix this problem.

The IT dept where I work no longer supports the 4000 TN printer, but budget will not approve new printers in my unit at this time, leaving me (and several co-workers) between a rock and a hard place.

Does anyone know how to force this model of printer to just print straight B&W?

Thanks.

The only setting on the printer that might help is maybe a toner density setting or something like that, but that would make everything darker, not just the "gray" print. Other than that, I would try different HP drivers until you find one that gives you what you're looking for.

Unfortunately, changing drivers is not an option. Frankly, with as locked down as they have everything on the computers at work, I'm somewhat surprised I can even bring up Hardforum!

The State of Michigan is migrating (finally) from XP to 7 in the next week or two. I guess I'll just have to see how the drivers that I have access to at that point work out.

Thanks for the help.

Back