HP Laptop stuck at BIOS screen, can't find OS, please help

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I am helping out a friend who downgrade from Win 8 to win 7.

The laptop is a HP Pavillion G6. At hard boot, it is trying to look for a hard drive of UEFI, in other words we have this error:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dlc=it&tmp_geoLoc=true&docname=c01443463#N143

"Boot Device Not Found"

Please install an operating sys. to on your hard disk

Hard disk 3FQ

F2 sys diagnostics

=============

Now, if I press CTRL ALT DEL, it will continue to boot to win 7. I track down to the BIOS level, apparently, this PC doesn't allow me to disable UEFI, so at the boot screen, it actually says:

"When Legacy Support is enabled, UEFI boot order and legacy boot order are both available, and UEFI boot order has higher priority than legacy boot order"

So UEFI is looking for its hard drive, and we have to press CTRL ALT DEL ea. time on a hard boot.

Is there an easier way out to fix this?

I am aware of those 2 tricks. The problem is, that BIOS is so cheap, it doesn't has the above options.

Which is why I'm surprise when the BIOS itself (help) tell me "When Legacy Support is enabled, UEFI boot order and legacy boot order are both available, and UEFI boot order has higher priority than legacy boot order"

it doesn't make any sense. Normally it's either / OR

Had this problem going from Vista to XP on an HP once, never did get it working properly. Put 8 back on it properly, install classic shell, don't tell him about it.

Asus would not have this problem. As I downgrade an Asus laptop last year, no problem there.

Back