HP laptop power problems

bpmcleod

Limp Gawd
Ok so a friend opened his laptop to clean it and upon putting it back together it would randomly shut off. After some tinkering with it it eventuallt would no longer power on. He had a cable that was unconnected and has since found a slot he believed it went into when placing the cable in said slot the laptop powered on instantly without the use of the power button. He says he can't find a cable coming from the power buttons pcb backing and considering I don't have the laptop in front of me I'm at a loss of what to tell him. It seems like he is bypassing the power button and directly hooking the mobo to the battery and its just instantly turning on. I can get some images up for it in a minute but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HP dv6 6b22he is the model of the laptop..

He's a little mentaly challenged. Not rly but I told him to take the battery out so yea.. I've mentioned short but it'll be hard for him to diag that.

Nvm friend finally started to listen to me. The cable from thr power switch pcb had come unplugged and he was bypassing it on accident. He finally got all the cables in the correct places. He kept telling me there was no cable from the pcb to the mobo heh..

Back