• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HP L240w

Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
3
Anyone have any experience with or know anything about this monitor?

I am looking to get four monitors for an eyefinity setup, so the price of each individual monitor should be relatively low (I was looking at the $150-$160 range). I'd be willing to go up this high for the 1920x1200 and the pivoting stand, but I'm not sure how bad the thick and shiny bezel and the lack of LED backlighting will be.

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176252

Thanks
 
Four monitor eyefinity? That sounds like you will have big bezels smack-dab in the centre of your view

Also, "Lack of LED" is misleading, it simply has CCFL backlighting, which is not a problem really at all.

The bezels also look fairly large but so do most.

I'd also comment that these only accept D-Sub and DVI so you will need some kind of adapters to run 3-4 of these on every video card I know of.
 
DVI is fine for my purposes. I have a 7850, so I will be using two DVI ports on the card and two mini displayport to DVI adapters.

I currently use three 19" (1440x900) monitors and I never stretch any windows over multiple monitors. Any gaming or movie watching I would do would be on one monitor. In that sense, the bezels aren't as big of a problem because they will not be cutting any windows in half. If they are too large, however, then having that much plastic between monitors would just be annoying.

I was planning on a 2x2 square configuration, but if I get a monitor with a pivoting mount, I may go with a 4x portrait configuration, and rotate one of them down to landscape for gaming/movies. Another option would be two landscapes stacked in the middle, and a portrait on either side.
 
It doesn't really qualify as "eyefinity" if you only use 1 monitor for games and movies, but I understand what you mean now. Couldn't you, say, buy 1 1920x1200 (or larger) monitor to use for games/movies and keep your old screens for productivity (still 4 screens overall, but not necessarily all the same size).

I dunno, just a thought. Sorry if it is kind of off topic. I don't have any further comments on the particular screen you linked.
 
No problem. More input is always valuable.

My work involves lots of editors and terminals open in Linux. Total screen real estate is my primary concern, so I want to upgrade those smaller monitors anyway.
 
I just bought one, should be here Friday. I'm planing on using it for Nvidia 2d surround. We will see how it does.
 
Back
Top