• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HP L2335 HD signal problems

whoami?

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 24, 2002
Messages
153
Ok, just spent the last hour working with HP tech support on this issue, and they are still looking to find out what is going on here.

Last Thursday I had the appointment to set up my cable service. Seeing as the L2335 is an HD monitor, and currently my only video source (just moved), I opted to go with the HD service. The tech came by and hooked up the connection using a Motorola DCT5100 box, running the component cables into the component connections on the back of the L2335. Everything was fine, except with the specific HD channels (in my area 200-206 and 231-235). The signal comes in, and it is definitely HD, but on the top of the signal picture there is a bar, about 1/2" tall by 4" wide, where it is actually displaying a segment of the bottom portion of the screen. Wierd, to say the least. First I called Comcast, who sent out a technicial who checked the lines (which were all to spec, which doesn't surprise me as eveything else, standard cable and cable modem, is working fine), then swapped the box, but the issue still remained. However, strangely enough, when he switched the output signal on the box from 1080i to 720p or 480p, the image did not display that bar. Stick it back to 1080i, and that bar returns.

Needless to say I called up HP for support, and while very courteous, they simply could not find out what the problem might be.....we checked connections, checked the zoom setting of the monitor(off), etc. I hoped maybe someone here might have an idea that I can try, or a thought as to what the problem might be...
 
Back
Top