• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HP L2335 faulty?

grifith

n00b
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
2
I've bought a LCD HP L2335 23" 16:10 a month ago. The display is really awesome, beautiful colors and no dead pixels, but there is a thing i am concerned about... when there is a dark image on the screen (by example when watching a dvd or playing a game (dark as Doom 3 :D)), the black is not uniform but it's... sort of "cloudy". Especially in the bottom left corner and upper right corner the black is not pure black but gray... it's diffucult to explain, so here is a photo of the display:

hp l2335

This problem appears only when there are dark colors on the screen, normally it's ok but working with photoshop and 3D programs it's a bit annoying and i can't understand if it's normal for a LCD given the size of the display.
I ask to all who have this display if it's the same for them or if it's mine that is faulty (in that case i'll ask for a replacement). Thanks in advance! ;)
 
Test it in darker conditions and see how worse it gets, but from the looks of it, you seem to have backlight leakage..
call HP and have them replace it for you.
 
Don't bother. I went through 3 of them and they all had the same backlight problem. Mine 3rd one is now waiting to be packed and send back for a refund. For $1k I expected better quality control.
You may want to get replacement just to make you feel better but I wouldn't hold my breath, apparently it's a common issue with them.
 
What brightness do you have it set to?

I have one, and I've never seen this sort of leakage. Have mine set to 27% (any more is just too bright for me).
 
alexpronko said:
Don't bother. I went through 3 of them and they all had the same backlight problem. Mine 3rd one is now waiting to be packed and send back for a refund. For $1k I expected better quality control.
You may want to get replacement just to make you feel better but I wouldn't hold my breath, apparently it's a common issue with them.

I'm glad to hear that (*ironic* :( ). Well' i'll try to have it replaced and see if i'm lucky otherwise i'll ask for a refund too. For 1.400 € i want to have a monitor without so obvious issues. It's a pity though, this LCD is really beautiful :-\


john4455 said:
What brightness do you have it set to?

I have one, and I've never seen this sort of leakage. Have mine set to 27% (any more is just too bright for me).

I set the brightness to 60 and contrast to 80, i like to see vibrant colors :D
I tried to set the brightness to 27-30 but the problem still persists. I'm going to call HP and ask for a replacement. If the situation doesn't improve, i'll have it refund and will buy a Dell 2405FPW.
 
HP has great support. And unfortunately I've had to use it. I've now had 3x replacement L2335's and 2x refurbs(!), and 2x L2035's that all have trouble with either severe pink tint or very bad non-uniform backlighting. At one point I had 5x monitors on-hand and looked like an HP service center!

HP has some major QA issues right now. Looks like the glass from last year (refurbs) had great backlight uniformity but severe pink tint that cannot be calibrated out. New displays have great color, but terrible backlight.

Still trying to work things out with HP but am almost at the point of jumping to Dell's 2405.

(I'll find a way to post shots and follow-up in this thread. The non-uniformity is rediculous for my video & image editing work.)
 
Back
Top