• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HP G6-1A30US backlight problem

jvan45

n00b
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
3
Hello all,

I have a HP G6-1A30US with a broken screen. The screen backlight worked fine.
I bought a brand new screen off Amazon and installed it to find a faint image with no backlight.

I then reinstalled the old screen and now the backlight does not work on that one either.

I tried to discharge the power of the unit by removing the battery and holding the power button down.

I'm wondering what other solutions are out there and if anyone else has had a similar problem. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
 
Still haven't figured this out... sitting on a brand new screen and a good laptop I can't use.
 
Back
Top