• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HP f2105 - Badass

Pr3z

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
295
Got this today and man does it rule. Somehow I actually get more FPS with it in BF at higher resloutions and same high settings than I did with me old 15" dell LCD.

Plus this thing does HDTV throguh the DVI and it rules. I spent a lot of time choosing between the Dell, Gateway, and this HP and am glad I went with this HP it's awesome!
 
I'm glad your liking this monitor brother. I did some serious research as you did and actually looked where I never thought I would look to find a new monitor. Gateway. They have a new 21 inch widescreen that I bought and it is killer. It's called the FPD2185W. If your gonna buy a 2nd big monitor to go next to that one. Check it out.

Enjoy your new pannel!!
 
Ok after having it a couple days now. I did find on dead pixel in the upper right. I was really worried about dead pixels but it's actually not that bad. I can't see it unless I look for it.

It does have some issues with dark movies, which I can get over since this is mostly a PC / Gaming monitor and it does friggen awesome at BF2. Might be my PC helping out there as at max res and max settings I get 90+ FPS in game. :)

Overall I am very happy with this monitor. I got it at compusa and paid and extra 70 for a 2yr replacement warrenty just in case a lot of pixels do die or something.

The only thing I wish this monitor had was a swivel mount so I can rotate it for web viewing. But maybe I can buy something and rig it up myself as Nvidia can roate the picture for me.
 
The monitor has nothing to do with how many FPS your getting straight from the board...now using an LCD it will limit how much of that you can view.
 
infecto said:
The monitor has nothing to do with how many FPS your getting straight from the board...now using an LCD it will limit how much of that you can view.

I understand that. But for one reason or another at 1024X768 on a 15" Dell LC I was only getting 75 or so FPS. I switched to this new HP no driver updates or anything and at 1280x1024 i am getting more FPS then on the 15". Know I know thats not supose to happen I am just going by FRAPS and that what it says....


Anyway back to the monitor. It rules, minus the no rotate thing. Other than that well worth it.
 
Ok got a pic or two here...

Had it for a week now. LOVE IT

pc1.jpg


pc2.jpg
 
Back
Top