• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hp expander + raid card in pc environment?

mcb84

n00b
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
11
I was looking for a little help,

Ive been running the hp expander in its own chasis using the board that was recommended in the hp expander owners thread that powers only the pcie card. Ive connected the card via sff 8088 to my pc with a lsi 3081e-r card and external/internal adapter.

I was looking for a recommendation on a hardware raid card that operates in a home pc environment. The board I currently have is a msi p67a-gd65 (though im willing to upgrade if need be). I was researching a lsi2108 but ive read they dont run well with pcs and I can't get into the lsi 3081e-r's bios so I figured thats not a good sign. Would a hp p410 be a good choice? Any advice would be great, thanks.
 
Back
Top