HP EX920 NVME 1 TB - $160 - Newegg

FWIW I could not get mine to run consistantly.. sometimes it would show.. mostly not so much. I tried on 3 different Intel platforms where similar Samsung drives work well... sitting on my desk in box as I type. There is 0 support for this product and you wont find it anywhere on HP's website at all. I kept mine as I did not want to eat the egg's return fee.. hoping a possible future firmware might fix it.

MY2c

FWIW I could not get mine to run consistantly.. sometimes it would show.. mostly not so much. I tried on 3 different Intel platforms where similar Samsung drives work well... sitting on my desk in box as I type. There is 0 support for this product and you wont find it anywhere on HP's website at all. I kept mine as I did not want to eat the egg's return fee.. hoping a possible future firmware might fix it.

MY2c
That's very useful to know. I saw some people on the egg said it had issues. Intermittent, though - that's weird.

I've been using this since March on a few platforms -- X470, X399, X399 -- and it's worked flawlessly for me.

I picked one up when it was on sale a few days ago for 150. I missed the 136 deal. Not doing anything fancy with it atm it's just an origin games folder. No issues, been running Battlefield games for days.

Sounds like a bad card, if you're waiting on a new bios don't hold your breath.

MY2c

Why didn't you just do even exchange for a defective unit? Newegg won't charge you any fees if the unit is defective even if it was exchange only. Curretly this unit is good for refund and exchange. Not sure why you would just keep unit that is not working properly hoping for firmware update. I would have atleast exchanged it. Shouldn't have been any fees.

Last edited:
Why didn't you just do even exchange for a defective unit? Newegg won't charge you any fees if the unit is defective even if it was exchange only. Curretly this unit is good for refund and exchange. Not sure why you would just keep unit that is not working properly hoping for firmware update. I would have atleast exchanged it. Shouldn't have been any fees.

News to me.. I started the RMA and IIRC they were going to nick me for like $40.

News to me.. I started the RMA and IIRC they were going to nick me for like $40.

I know if you do an exchange for the defective unit they don't charge restocking. $40 bucks on a 150 dollar drive? Something is clearly wrong. Only time they charge restocking for me is if you are just returning an open item because you no longer want it and its good for refund. Even then restocking is very item specific, usually higher end items. But never had any fees charged on items that were defective though. May be third party?

If I had an eBay coupon or something, iId risk it. Next time...

I picked one up when it was on sale a few days ago for 150. I missed the 136 deal. Not doing anything fancy with it atm it's just an origin games folder. No issues, been running Battlefield games for days.
Is there a thread mentioning the $136 price, that’s crazy good?!?

I'd be in for two at that price. Raid. Boot drive. Winning.

On slickdeals
https://slickdeals.net/f/12463729-h...l-solid-state-drive-ssd-136-79?src=SiteSearch

It is a good deal for these versus msrp, but I wold probably take it back if I could. I dont need it for a ton of applications right now and NWME doesn't buy you anything in games yet.
I'm holding out hope for a Samsung SATA III 1TB at $100 price point. With Rapid mode, my older Samsung's pulling down 4800/4800 rw. Windows boot past Mainboard screen is 7-8 seconds.

upload_2018-12-24_10-45-26.png

I'm holding out hope for a Samsung SATA III 1TB at $100 price point. With Rapid mode, my older Samsung's pulling down 4800/4800 rw. Windows boot past Mainboard screen is 7-8 seconds.

View attachment 129921

I am also waiting for this. I figure I need about four of them (4x 1tb) to accommodate modern games. I mean, heck, just Siege was 108gb.

Spinners are dead to me EXCEPT in my server. It would be prohibitively expensive to use that much bulk storage in SSD format.

View attachment 129921
I think that depends on the mainboard to. I put a Samsung 960evo in a ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 motherboard with a 7700k and it would boot to Windows 10 in about 3 seconds with its fast boot function. That same NVME in my x99 Gigabyte Ultra Gaming with a 6850k probably takes 12 seconds to boot to windows 10.

I got in on this when it was $151. I installed it on my ASRock x370 Taichi w/Ryzen 1700 last night

In AS SSD Seq. I got 2692 R - 1665 W. 4K-64 was 1128 R - 1021 W.

ATTO 4.00 maxed out at 2.85GB R - 1.62GB W

Crystal Disk 6.0 SeqQ32 was 3049.5 R - 1629.8 R. 4KiB8T8 was 1295.3 R - 1133.6 W

so far I'm happy with it.

Josh

I think that depends on the mainboard to. I put a Samsung 960evo in a ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 motherboard with a 7700k and it would boot to Windows 10 in about 3 seconds with its fast boot function. That same NVME in my x99 Gigabyte Ultra Gaming with a 6850k probably takes 12 seconds to boot to windows 10.
HEDT board generally take longer to boot then main stream boards. On my MSI x299 board takes like 8 sec before it even posts the bios splash screen then takes a few sec to get into windows afterwards.

HEDT board generally take longer to boot then main stream boards. On my MSI x299 board takes like 8 sec before it even posts the bios splash screen then takes a few sec to get into windows afterwards.
Any reason for that? Noticed on my msi x399

Will see if it works okay in a Dell Precision 7910 on the 4 slot NVMe card that came with it next week...

Put one of these in an MSI GF63. After bios post I'm instantly in windows. The little dots don't even show up. XD

Back