HP ex470 Replacement

anonuser

[H]ard|Gawd
I've never been very happy with this unit or WHS v1. My network speeds are horrendous (even after lots of troubleshooting) and I usually kept most important media on my computer's 1TB drive. I have about 6TB of data spread over five 3.5" HDs and am looking for a new solution.

I mainly want something small and affordable. I really don't need all the bells and whistles that WHS provided. Folder duplication and automatic backup of networked systems was nice, but I suppose I could do that through software too.

Any suggestions?

Are you looking to keep network features, or just some storage attached to your PC?

Are you looking to keep network features, or just some storage attached to your PC?

I'm not totally set on either option to be honest. Network attached would be great if the throughput was high.

Well, you could buy a network drive. If you have a USB port on your router, you could get a drive encolsure and throw some of your drives in there and plug that into your router (Or directly into your computer).

There's a ton of options out there. Looking to buy new drives entirely?

Well, you could buy a network drive. If you have a USB port on your router, you could get a drive encolsure and throw some of your drives in there and plug that into your router (Or directly into your computer).

There's a ton of options out there. Looking to buy new drives entirely?

No. I'm trying to keep this is cheap as possible really.

Back