HP Envy x360 Ryzen Bios

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
I have version F13 there is a new one out F16. I am really wary of installing it since my laptop right now is working fine. All it says is security enhancements which could be for Spectre. After reading about Intel's screwed up microcode I don't if it's good idea to update as a rule you can't go back to an earlier bios. Anyone out there have the Envy Ryzen and has updated? If so how's your machine working? Thanks for any info

I have version F13 there is a new one out F16. I am really wary of installing it since my laptop right now is working fine. All it says is security enhancements which could be for Spectre. After reading about Intel's screwed up microcode I don't if it's good idea to update as a rule you can't go back to an earlier bios. Anyone out there have the Envy Ryzen and has updated? If so how's your machine working? Thanks for any info

Can't you call the manufacture and get their opinion on upgrading the bios?

Ha Ha Ha you expect HP to know that info? Average support won't know that. I had to totally install win 10 from scratch off a USB drive this laptop had a screwed up OS install right out of the box. Now if you look for bios its got Intel bios in with AMD bios. What asinine company they don't know (see pic)

Attachments

• butt ground hole.png
    butt ground hole.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 10
How do we even know the exact model number of the Ryzen X360 from HP? I'm trying to search for it now.

I bought mine from Best Buy and this was the model number I have 15M-BQ121DX....

Mines the one with 1TB HDD instead of HDD, I think they all use the same BIOS though for Ryzen. Notice any changes with BIOS?

Back