HP Colour Laserjet 2605dn SLOW.

Magice

Limp Gawd
I have an hp color laserjet 2605dn connected over a cat5, and it is unbearabally slow when it comes to any kind of picture. A photoshop document will sit at the flashing like for 15 - 35 minutes. A jpeg even takes a fair amount of time. Any idea on how to speed this thing up?

How much RAM is in the printer? Is it upgradable?

Are yo uusing the PCL driver, or Postscript? (I'm not familiar with that specific model...)

As the others said, how much ram does it have.

Also what size are these print jobs you are sending to it? (you can look in the printer queue if you are using windows). Images can sometimes get INSANELY huge. I have seen print jobs go into multiple hundreds of megs easily.

Standard memory is 64megs, which is plenty to print an 8x10 300dpi image from photoshop.

My HP 4500 with 64megs takes about 1.5 minutes to process and print the file over cat5e.

Tell us your print settings/document size in Photoshop and how many layers your image is.

as stated above, depending on the image size, you may need more ram (if it can be upgraded), a better printer, or just some good old patience ;)

Photoshop involves 30 layers. To get it printable I compress it to a jpeg. I've ordered 128mb of ram for it, hopefully that will fix the problem. Photoshop files range from 50mb+.

Photoshop involves 30 layers. To get it printable I compress it to a jpeg. I've ordered 128mb of ram for it, hopefully that will fix the problem. Photoshop files range from 50mb+.

I have the same printer! When you install the new RAM reinstall the printer on your PC (driver and port if possible) or your driver will not pickup/use the new ram.

This drove me nuts for weeks.

I have the same printer! When you install the new RAM reinstall the printer on your PC (driver and port if possible) or your driver will not pickup/use the new ram.

This drove me nuts for weeks.

You can adjust this yourself (and you should check under device options in the driver), unless your using HP Universal Print Driver in which case it withh automatically detect the new ram.

You aren't setting your image files to something like 8x10 @ 1200dpi are you?

What is the file size of the jpeg you are printing?

image-size.jpg

Back