HP Blackbird 002

firas

2[H]4U
http://h20435.www2.hp.com

The Blackbird 002 isn't a PC that you want to hide under a desk. It commands attention from every angle. It's a pure gaming machine that rejects conventional PC design in favor of an aggressive, dynamic appearance that seems to defy the laws of physics. It hovers over a single cast aluminum foot, capable of supporting up to 600 lbs. The cantilevered design allows airflow under the 002 chassis, making it possible to seat the 1.1 kW power supply at its base and enabling an array of hidden vents to funnel air through all six sides of the chassis, dramatically improving overall internal cooling.

I just wan't the case, but I guess it's like Alienware case's...you can't get the case only :(

btw, I love the flash effect when you click on "TOOL-LESS ENTRY" :D

Yes it is a very solid case and well designed, but it is like Voodoo themselves they do not sell their cases for a reason.

A 1.1 kw psu. Great, what's the use of that? A non-sli setup would use maybe 200-250w max, an sli setup about 100w more....:rolleyes:

A 1.1 kw psu. Great, what's the use of that? A non-sli setup would use maybe 200-250w max, an sli setup about 100w more....:rolleyes:

Maybe its because of the whole "being prepared," and the fact that this machine is meant to be top of the line with plenty of headroom to upgrade with. By making sure it can they put in a 1.1kw PSU and plenty of space. Also, show me a setup with an 8 series card running a Dual (or better yet a Quad) core system on this Asus board on a 200w PSU.

Maybe its because of the whole "being prepared," and the fact that this machine is meant to be top of the line with plenty of headroom to upgrade with. By making sure it can they put in a 1.1kw PSU and plenty of space. Also, show me a setup with an 8 series card running a Dual (or better yet a Quad) core system on this Asus board on a 200w PSU.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I doubt they're doing it to enable you to upgrade over time. Hell, the last thing a manufacturer wants you to do is incrementally spend small amounts on upgrades. They want you to buy a new machine ever year or so. They probably (and I hope I am wrong here) add that PSU to jack up the price and make you feel special because you have a 1.1kw PSU. There really isn't a need for it.

As for the case, IMHO it looks quite elegant.

Completely incorrect.
I have spoken to those who have worked on the Blackbird and what its purpose is. It is a line that is for gamers using OEM parts, you can take any part an upgrade with it as long as it is possible or compatible. Your only limitations are what processors (Intel v. AMD) and how long the board is support for future parts. Overall the system is designed to be user upgrade as you please.

Also, show me a setup with an 8 series card running a Dual (or better yet a Quad) core system on this Asus board on a 200w PSU.
I mean in terms of dc power required. Obviously with the majority of the psus being of crap quality, you'd need something more than that. With efficiency being the way it is you need more of something like a good 300watter. As for examples, try post #17 on the page here: http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3075&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180
AFAIK that would actually consume MORE power than your average C2D 8800 setup.

I mean in terms of dc power required. Obviously with the majority of the psus being of crap quality, you'd need something more than that. With efficiency being the way it is you need more of something like a good 300watter. As for examples, try post #17 on the page here: http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3075&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180
AFAIK that would actually consume MORE power than your average C2D 8800 setup.

Yes you can run a setup on it, but you never know what could or what you will want to upgrade to. With this machine and the PSU provided you have plenty of room to upgrade and for emergency, plus you can never have to much power. :D

I love the completely useless benchmark graph in the Thermal section. :D

edit - my custom config came out to:

Configuration:
$8,466.00
USD*
Shipping:
$165.00
USD*
Subtotal:
$8,631.00
USD*

Completely incorrect.
I have spoken to those who have worked on the Blackbird and what its purpose is. It is a line that is for gamers using OEM parts, you can take any part an upgrade with it as long as it is possible or compatible. Your only limitations are what processors (Intel v. AMD) and how long the board is support for future parts. Overall the system is designed to be user upgrade as you please.

Fair enough. I will remain sceptical in nature despite this aberration. :)

It may not be needed, but if HP wants to be competitive with custom boutiques they aren't going to do it by only providing a max of 750W or so power supplies.

They have to offer it because high-end users who pay top-dollar like 1KW+ PSUs

I love how everything is tool less. However, it's just a copy ideas design of the Mac Pro. Like the slide in hard drive features. As for the case, it's alright. It sure look futuristic and better then most of the pc case selling right now. I still think the Alien PC Chassis look the best imo. The HP Blackbird is such a rip off though, if you change your config to 800Mhz Ram and Intel(R) Core2(TM) Duo 3.0GHz E6850 it almost reach 3k, which is ridiculous, not to mention it include a sh!tty graphic card for such a high end gaming PC.

Back